Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 November, 2020, 10:03:42 AM

My comment was intended to embrace a wider context. Apologies for my lack of clarity.

And likewise for misinterpreting your post.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers, Sharky.   If this works out well, I wonder if vaccination parties (the fun ones, not the political ones) will be a thing.  Either way up, fingers crossed that we're looking at the beginning of the end.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Aye, thanks for fixing the linky, Sharky.

I was trying to remember Churchill's speech after victory in North Africa over Rommel: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 November, 2020, 07:11:28 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54873105

In case anyone else is having trouble.

Sorry about the boken link people, I don't know why it wasn't working (though it was working fine on another forum).
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Fascinated by how eager people are to ensure a third wave of this shite in the new year. Sitting here watching 600 deaths in the UK yesterday (that's over 25 times the average UK suicide and road deaths rate combined, BTW, "with Covid" fans) and my Irish news feeds are basically just people lobbying to have December be business as usual here. How can anyone look at European deaths today and think: "let's forget about restrictions, it's Christmas!".

Halfway through the current lockdown today, and I'm sick to fucking death of it. Not a single person I know personally is adhering to the guidelines, not one, and secondary schools are approaching 50% with confirmed cases and still effectively no testing in the school setting.  Meanwhile HSE just now *considering* including identifying sources of transmission in contact tracing, when this has been established as a priority goal for controlling spread since the spring. Another year of this beckons.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Take heart Mister Back. At least the guidelines on mitigating the spread where you are doesn't depend on Sínn Fein and the DUP agreeing on something.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Ach, please ignore my previous post.  I'm in a right grump this morning, bleating on about what's just part of everyone's life these days is pointless whining. Seeing viral posts about how the Army are mass-microchipping kids in schools when all this is going on, the repetitive stupidity just knocks me down, and sitting in the house alone all day I end up spewing out shite here.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 November, 2020, 12:56:46 PM
the repetitive stupidity just knocks me down, and sitting in the house alone all day I end up spewing out shite here.

If spewing out shite here is remotely therapeutic, carry on, TB!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"