Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Eat something.

Problem solved.

I bought a bag of apples from the Co-op.They are french Granny Smiths [non-organic] and took a couple of bites out one and it leaves a vile bitter chemically aftertaste.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

M.I.K.

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 March, 2010, 01:31:42 PM
...took a couple of bites out one and it leaves a vile bitter chemically aftertaste.

That sounds like a completely natural cooking apple type taste to me.

Banners

At a cash machine last night, I asked for £20 and it only gave me £10. First time anything like that has ever happened to me.

M@

vzzbux

Quote from: Banners on 19 March, 2010, 09:32:05 AM
At a cash machine last night, I asked for £20 and it only gave me £10. First time anything like that has ever happened to me.

M@

When did voice recognition cash machines come in to use?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just lately the radio has been playing these 'Anti Terror' adverts and it's getting beyond a joke. I heard it on TalkSport first but since then I've heard variants on Absolute and a few others. This means if you hate a neighbour you can ring up and say he's bought a lot of fertilizer lately and see about a 100 police smash his house to pieces looking for it. Remember it is confidential ;)
Have a listen to this one:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIAFHjL3ZMg&feature=related

House of Usher

Yeah, that's disturbing, and certainly likely to add up to a lot of wasted police time. Mere suspicion doesn't constitute evidence. Why does paying for things with cash and keeping your curtains shut constitute any more compelling a reason for suspecting someone is a terrorist than 'looks a bit foreign'?
:|

Too bad it's just one link from that video to 'David Icke-The Evidence of Reptilian Shapeshifters Among Us-1/6'
:lol:
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

I might do that with my neighbours. Pissants. White little weasels with nothing better to than play with coppers.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 20 March, 2010, 04:21:55 PM
Just lately the radio has been playing these 'Anti Terror' adverts and it's getting beyond a joke. I heard it on TalkSport first but since then I've heard variants on Absolute and a few others. This means if you hate a neighbour you can ring up and say he's bought a lot of fertilizer lately and see about a 100 police smash his house to pieces looking for it. Remember it is confidential ;)
Have a listen to this one:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIAFHjL3ZMg&feature=related

I feel that i have a duty to report the govt as being terrorist suspects since they fit the criteria.I say its my duty as the ad uses the collective "we" as in "we all have a role to play ete etc.There is after all a lot of suspicious activity within various govt departments and Mi5/6.This ad falls under the definition of terrorism which is to generate a climate of fear for political purposes.

Really though its indicative of how this country has degenerated that our non representative govt initiates Snitch programmes just like the Soviet Union and East Germany [2 historical examples] but the exact same thing is going on right now in the US and its really very sad.

Its all mind games/psy-ops as well as these ads are repeated throughout the day ad nauseum and its like a mantra and they are using the logic that if they repeat it often enough people will absorb it more readily.

Talksport is junk and IIRC it is runned by Kelvin McKenzie -ex editor of The Sun.

House of Usher

Why is it only listeners of commercial radio are being exposed to this? They can't make up a very large percentage of the population. Are they more susceptible to right wing propaganda? I know that listeners of Radio 4 are immune. Are Radio 1 listeners being spared as well?
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Radio 1 listeners shouldn't be spared ANYTHING.

Peter Wolf

I am sick and tired of loud and boorish thickshit people who have no consideration for others because of their tiresome self-self-self attitude and their fucking shouting.

I went out earlier this evening for a meal with my mum and dad who i havent seen for ages so we wanted to eat and have a chat but we couldnt because of a table of four sitting behind us and the fucking decibel levels of the two stupid laughing and shreiking women was so loud that it totally ruined the meal because we ate it quickly so we could move elsewhere to get away from them. >:(

Mike Gloady

Vile behaviour.  Have a laugh by all means but maybe a restaurant isn't the place for a raucous shriekfest?  Tut tut tut.  Don't know how you avoided having a word with them, I know I bloody would have.

Of course, in my situation nobody else would be able to see or hear my folks.  Might ask them to give the shrieking harpies a scare or two. *grin*