Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Festina

Quote from: vzzbux on 25 April, 2010, 12:01:51 AM
Quote from: Lady Festina on 24 April, 2010, 11:22:25 PM
I moved house today (mostly) and left my mobile phone behind.... (a very minor impediment)...

And I really should learn how to reverse park a van. Or a car for that matter..... or drive in general.

There fixed that for you. ;)

You can go off someone you know.... Crossed London six times in two days without hitting anything. (Although, whilst parking today I did manage to nudge a car bumper and caress a fencepost....)

Roger Godpleton

The Co-op didn't have what I wanted and I was exposed to Coldplay. They had Starsailor on earlier in the week and all. Why the fuck should I even shop there anymore? Your life is in my hands, Jamie, don't ever forget that. I also trod on a snail.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

They edited out a cigarette based joke on this evening's C4 Simpsons.

Roger Godpleton

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Roger Godpleton

I made the first post two hours ago.

How the hell am I supposed to remember what I did 2 hours ago?

Silly Gavin.

Banners

We did some work for a school and I invoiced them on 2nd March with usual 30 day terms. It's nearly May, but they still owe for this - a value of just over two grand.

When I was at school, there were lots of punishments for lateness, whether in terms of handing in work or attendance.

The irony...

M@

Dunk!

Trying on shirts at SuperDry today was akin to an Archeologist putting on the clobber of a recently bashed Nazi in an underground submarine dock.

I don't want to mention how many X's there were in the label of the shirt that wouldn't even come together, though i took off an M&S L shirt to try it on!

Thanks to Animal for an XL surfer shirt that fits like a tent. :)

East meets West i suppose?
"Trust we"

Mike Gloady

Selling my mum's house, probate and having fuck all money.  Or indeed fuck all of anything.  Whoop.  Beans and rice for dinner.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Paul faplad Finch

STILL, haven't managed to get into town for last wednesdays Prog. Am definitely going tomorrow, I don't care what happens.

Plus side I suppose, they should have two for me.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

COMMANDO FORCES

Came back from Sam's music lesson at about 17:45 and as we walked through the house I asked Sam if he'd like to let the girls (chickens) out in the garden!
As I was about to open the conservatory door I noticed a bloody mangey looking fox stood rigid, watching them. That was it, I was out in a shot chasing the little bastard down the garden but it escaped over two fences and vanished. Sam thought it hilarious and Carolyn was a bit upset.

I have now placed the snares into position ready for our next 'up close' and final encounter. Those on Hi-Ex! know about the last fox encounter I had, lets say I'm one up in the living stakes  ;)

Paul faplad Finch

For some reason my laptop won't load Uncle Spunk Nugget vs Al-Quaeda Part 2. I must see the punchline!

It could be that it has been removed for obscene content or something like that but considering the other stuff on that site it would have to be pretty bloody bad for that to be the case. More likely just my crap machine.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 April, 2010, 07:30:26 PM
Came back from Sam's music lesson at about 17:45 and as we walked through the house I asked Sam if he'd like to let the girls (chickens) out in the garden!
As I was about to open the conservatory door I noticed a bloody mangey looking fox stood rigid, watching them. That was it, I was out in a shot chasing the little bastard down the garden but it escaped over two fences and vanished. Sam thought it hilarious and Carolyn was a bit upset.

I have now placed the snares into position ready for our next 'up close' and final encounter. Those on Hi-Ex! know about the last fox encounter I had, lets say I'm one up in the living stakes  ;)

We want pictures of the outcome.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

I've been quite enjoying the Rogue Trooper Case Files. I've read the majority of the stories in some form before, but it's pretty fun with some nice art. However, whether it's the writer, the letterer or the editor to blame, the continual misspelling of "personas" is really starting to bug my tits.
We never really die.

Mikey

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 27 April, 2010, 06:25:08 PM
Selling my mum's house, probate and having fuck all money.  Or indeed fuck all of anything.  Whoop.  Beans and rice for dinner.

It's good to see you view it as a minor impediment Mike; someday you can look back with a sigh of relief it's all over.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.