Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

I bet 50p and a Cornetto that you swear at least once.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 14 May, 2010, 07:34:09 AM
I bet 50p and a Cornetto that you swear at least once.

I think they'll be able to hear me swearing in the next county, TBH!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

uncle fester

I recommend a large supply of tea and biscuits to take the edge off the whole process!

Banners

Jim - are you getting an entire suite?

I'm using a trial of InDesign CS5 at the mo which yesterday made me swear very loudly on numerous occasions. Adobe - put stuff in, don't take stuff out...!

M@

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

staticgirl

What I would like is for a Cintiq crossed with a tablet/iwotsit.

That would be worth saving up for/winning the lottery.

Minor impediments -
being tired all the flipping time because I'm bored at work.
having purple on my hands everytime I wash my hair
not having any Rollos right now

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 14 May, 2010, 08:39:21 AM
I'm using a trial of InDesign CS5 at the mo which yesterday made me swear very loudly on numerous occasions. Adobe - put stuff in, don't take stuff out...!

Yeah ... I need Illustrator, and I can use Photoshop, so I'd be stupid not to get the suite.

I know it's desperately unfashionable to say so, and ironic given that I was one of the ones leading the charge to ditch Quark circa ID 2.0, but I've been using Quark 8 for about the last year, and I rather like it.

Cheers!

Jim

CrazyFoxMachine

My housemate got CS5 the other day and I've been watching over their shoulder. I shall take the plunge after dissertation - figuring out Illustrator with the help of Mr Campbell's brilliant tutorial has been tough. Yet rewarding. Like a turd off a cliff.

Peter Wolf

I went to bed for a while earlier and just before i woke up i dreamt i was back in New Guinea or one of the small islands around it and it was just as i remembered it and i was saying that i had been waiting years to be back here again and then i woke up and realised it was all a dream.

:( :(

It seemed so real as well.

Oh well Back to reality again  :(

What a complete drag.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

The mighty Acid Mothers Temple are playing in Britain this month, but the furthest north they're coming is Birmingham. They're in Brighton on 27th, Peter. You should go.
We never really die.

nev

My prog came through the post slightly creased and folded. Damn you postman.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 14 May, 2010, 08:39:21 AM
Jim - are you getting an entire suite?

Apparently not. Just filed a complaint with Amazon about the seller.

Cheers

Jim

Paul faplad Finch

Minor Impediment #1 I can't type the word that. Every time I type anything I have to go back over it with a fine tooth comb and change all the taht's to that.

I did it typing the first sentence of this post. Even when I'm typing about not being able to type it I can't type it. What is it about the ha that I just can't get it in the right order. I don't have this problem with anything else.

It's winding me up something rotten.

Minor Impediment #2   Flying Commas. I was talking to my nephew about punctuation because while he is pretty good at reading individual words his grasp of overall sentence structure is pretty weak. He mentioned 'flying commas' Although it's obvious in hindsight I actually had to get him to show me in a book what he meant. Apostrophes.

I spoke to his teacher at the pick up point last night and she explained that one of  the other parents had taught their son, who had spread it around the class. When I asked what she said when she heard it she said she hadn't done anything because "it's as good a name as any". No. As good a name as any for an apostrophe is fucking apostrophe. I swear, it took all my self control not to laugh in her face. Milfy goodness or not, if he was my own kid I'd be giving her a mouthful. 

This is two years in a row. I'm hoping that 3rd times the charm and he gets someone halfway decent next year.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

staticgirl

I think my teacher called them flying commas - maybe it was an 70s thing. Anyway, I grew up knowing about apostrophes so the nippers should be okay.

I didn't grow up understanding either metric or imperial very well, mind. Very confused teachers and parents at that time.

vzzbux

Quote from: vzzbux on 13 May, 2010, 06:49:33 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:49:46 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2010, 08:02:06 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:43:01 AM
A member of Joker squad, Darman from Omega squad and Scorch from Delta squad have gone AWOL and it is doing my head in.
This is what you get for allowing flame-haired temptresses become Stormtroopers.  I'd check nearby motels.
UPDATE
Darman has been found in the Galactic hero's millenium falcon cock pit sporting Asajj Ventress's lightsaber for protection, along with Scorch's back pack and Indy's hat. Still no sign of Scorch or Hondo Karr.
UPDATE
Not a chance of finding the MIA's, even had disturbed and sleepless nights wondering where they are.
I have given in and my Hondo Karr has arrived from an E-BAY purchase now bidding on a Scorch, (Which was a single figure rather than the Delta set)

Final Update

Found both Scorch and Hondo cowering behind one of the CD racks half way up the stairs. The piss off is that I spent £7 replacing Hondo.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.