Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

When I used to live in Amsterdam I heard a neighbour's loo flush and a turd actually reversed into my bog. (Or perhaps it teleported in from another dimension). It was a terrible sign of things to come, like scary goings on, early in a horror film. One morning I walked into the bathroom to find the floor was wet. Overnight, sewage had come up through the bog and bath and then gone back down. The bath was stained 3/4 of the way up and sewage was all over the floor up to the level of the door threshold. Had to scoop it all up with a dustpan.

Noisybast

Quote from: Krombasher on 11 June, 2010, 03:23:28 PM
Ordered a Wacom Bamboo from PLAY.COM. on 2nd of June. 3-5 days of delivery has passed. Have to wait 21 more days 7 days after supposed arrival.

Has anyone ordered from PLAY.COM and do they use their own private service or regular posties?

As its free delivery I considered they use their own cargo haulage.

I once had a DVD turn up four years after I ordered it from Play.com. I'd already picked it up from Asda in the intervening years, and lent it to a friend, never to be seen again. At least I got a replacement out of it. Couldn't be bothered going through my old statements to see if they'd ever taken the payment for it (it was only about a fiver).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

Michael Fassbender gets to choose between being The Lizard or Magneto and I don't.

And why the fuck is Mortal Kombat still around?

Fuck you, Michael Fassbender.

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

That's a great pity. I hope it turns up again soon.
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

Oh no, not the Wedding Ring... Does Mrs Tiplodocus know ??
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 June, 2010, 12:32:17 PM
Lost my wedding ring.

Aaargh, what a nightmare!  I've just recently been persuaded by gory stories to take mine off while sailing, and now spend half my time on the water convinced I've lost it.  Like the man says, it's a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing.

Hope it ends well for you, Tips. 

Tiplodocus

Oh yes; Mrs Tips was there when I noticed it missing on the ferry over to Belfast.  We had a good long search - convinced it had just fallen off because I twiddle it quite a lot and was sure I'd have noticed it missing earlier.

I NEVER take it off so it must have just fallen off un-noticed.

It's not turned up (or back in the house or car) so I'm guessing it's a write off.

Still, it wasn't expensive so a minor impediment until I get a new one.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

Why not get the pair of them framed on a plush velvet mounting and hang them somewhere prominent in your home? That way you could be sure of never losing them.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Why not have a wedding ring tattooed on your finger? Sorry, that was a bit flippant. I hope it turns up again soon and that it won't be one of those incidents that's good for kicking arguments off.

I lost my wedding ring on purpose by hurling it into the Thames. This was a by-product of me being married to a rancorous old sow with all the humour of a 'plane crash and all the inner beauty of a ninety year old abandoned oil rig.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 June, 2010, 01:24:39 PM
I lost my wedding ring on purpose by hurling it into the Thames. This was a by-product of me being married to a rancorous old sow with all the humour of a 'plane crash and all the inner beauty of a ninety year old abandoned oil rig.

Ah TLS, you're at your very best when channelling Les Dawson!  :lol:

What I find so perplexing about my own attachment to my wedding ring (a plain hoop of metal) is that I've only had it 2 years but I've been with the relevant lady on and off for 21 years and set very little store by the institution of marriage itself.  Possessed by possessions.

Banners

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 10 June, 2010, 12:27:27 AM
I am playing 007 Nightfire PS2 game but its pissing me off because of the lack of checkpoints that are saved within a mission which means when i die in the final part of the mission because its the first time playing it and despite there being a cut scene i have to start right at the beginning of that stage of the mission ALL OVER AGAIN !! >:( which just wastes loads of my time and its tedious and boring and it also means that i cant save my progress and finish it at a later date where i left off.

IDIOT Game designers.

I just folded and snapped the disc into quarters after going up to 4 on it  >:(

Without a shadow of a doubt that was the most annoying crap i have ever played and i just ran out of patience and besides i shouldnt have even been playing it as i have a competition entry to finish.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Quote from: Banners on 15 June, 2010, 04:21:53 PM
Just got the Corporation Tax bill. Bugger.

M@

Ahhh the memories of Monopoly as a kid.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.