Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Quote from: SuperSurfer
Good one CF. Apparently, the more people are around, the less likely someone else is to intervene to help someone out when there are incidents.

Yup - it's known as 'diffusion of responsibility' - if I remember my compulsory Social Psychology module properly, from way back in 1994(!)

Roger Godpleton

Think I might have owned my laptop. FUCK YOU STOLI.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

radiator

Last night I very suddenly came down with nasty flu-like symptons - twinges, pounding headache, nausea, muscle pains, overwhelming fatigue, shivering one minute, boiling hot the next...

Didn't go into work today, but don't feel up to doing anything at home, so it's likely I'll just loll about on the sofa all day, falling in and out of sleep.  :|

Banners

My 32pp A4 booklet Census form has a small code on it which allows me to complete the questionnaire online - therefore wasting the 32pp A4 booklet Census form.

In this age of austerity, it would have been wise to communicate the fact that you could do the Census online in a more cost-effective manner.

Rog69

Last year when the wife's car tax was due we decided to just do it for six months so that it no longer came up at the same time as her MOT. It's due at the end of this month, which now coincides with her crippling insurance renewal.
Bollocks.

vzzbux

Quote from: Rog69 on 08 March, 2011, 07:22:31 PM
Last year when the wife's car tax was due we decided to just do it for six months so that it no longer came up at the same time as her MOT. It's due at the end of this month, which now coincides with her crippling insurance renewal.
Bollocks.
Thanx for the tax reminder. I was given the tax disc for my van last week and stowed it away in the glove compartment. Without this I would have totally forgot to put in in the proper place and probably thrown it out when I do my monthly clean out of my van.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Radbacker

2nd degree sunburn from being an absolute dick and not putting on any sunscreen at all during a 12 hour music festival, serves my freckly arse right if i end up with skin cancer.

CU Radbacker

SmallBlueThing

I got very similarly burnt during donnington monsters of rock, in 1990 (which was bloody awful from start to stop) and passed out during ac/dc's set. So i feel your pain. Calamine, Savlon, cool darkness.
SBT

vzzbux

I was there that year SBT but I was hard core and lasted till the end.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mogzilla

mogzilla

last night i used flora buttery in the making of pancakes only i left it on the heat too long at one point and it ignited i said something like "oops" and when the wife came in she freaked as she saw the two foot flame!it burnt itself out quickly and we still have a house but i may have to try that again next time i cant get the barbeque to light!!! :D

SmallBlueThing

Bought the IDW/Desperado 'deadworld omnibus 1' today (£14.99, umpteen hundred pages, black and white). Recently, i gave all my old deadworlds to our locusts, having never been a fan particularly, but i had heard good things about these new ones, and thought i'd give it a go.

And yeah, it's really good. Or it is once i got past vince locke's bits.

However, as soon as i did get past the vince locke stuff, the book started to fall apart on me, literally! pages just dropping out en masse, despite careful handling, and now- at the end of the second miniseries- im left with basically a book of loose leaves. This pisses me off no end.

SBT

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 09 March, 2011, 07:59:44 PM
last night i used flora buttery in the making of pancakes

I think you had a lucky escape.  From eating pancakes made with Flora Buttery.

mogzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 March, 2011, 08:13:04 AM
Quote from: mogzilla on 09 March, 2011, 07:59:44 PM
last night i used flora buttery in the making of pancakes

I think you had a lucky escape.  From eating pancakes made with Flora Buttery.

it was either that or extra virgin cyberlea...olive oil...

todays impediment was the fucker who rang froman unavailable number at 4 fucking 30 this morning we dived out of bed thinking my wifes mum was ill as shes nearly 80 ...and i couldn't get back to sleep and paid for it with a blinding migraine this lunchtime.

Jim_Campbell

...because I took Cyberleader off ignore to read his post on the "Drokkin' Fantastic" thread only to discover that he hadn't, actually, got laid but was enthusing about getting a cheap satellite feed.

Anyone who thinks that his failure to score on the "Social Life" thread was down to her should probably take note.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.