Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Quote from: Peter WolfI have started playing FarCry 2 and i am liking the African setting so what is so terribly bad about it  ?

As far as I remember, it was the respawning enemies, the way that convoys just went around in a circle and that for some reason (can't remember now) the way you had to keep your eyes on this flashing green dot in one corner of the screen rather than actually enjoy the graphics which did it in for me.

Maybe I was a being a bit harsh - it was certainly fun for a while.

Michaelvk

Herself's cat was put down yesterday.. Poor girl's devastated..

On the subject of Farcry 2.. Living in Africa I can confirm that it actually does look like Africa..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

IAMTHESYSTEM

Poor pussy cat.

I've asked for a refund since I can't play the Game.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hoagy

Good on ya, IATS. Condolences Mike.

Now, my blooger is really shit. I can't comment on my or other's blogs. It won't let me choose a profile, it just orders in belligerent red font, "Choose a Profile." And half the time it doesn't have the option of uploading images.   

Blogger, you are shit
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Krombasher on 04 June, 2011, 03:10:51 PM
Good on ya, IATS. Condolences Mike.

Now, my blooger is really shit. I can't comment on my or other's blogs. It won't let me choose a profile, it just orders in belligerent red font, "Choose a Profile." And half the time it doesn't have the option of uploading images.  

Blogger, you are shit
Blogger maybe playing up then. This morning it wouldn't let me sign in to comment. Kept making me go round in circles. ::)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Hoagy

Probably, and waiting forever for the page to load too. On a friends land line its much easier going, but I suspect the wi-fi causes a lot of my grief, therefore my fault for refusing to pay corporations ridiculous stand out charges and spending a lot more on flipping dongles :P
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Rog69

I was in the vicinity of my favourite second hand bookshop today so I thought I'd pop in for a browse, only to find that it's now a shoe shop.
Bugger.

strontium71

Bike nicked.
Turned down for an ASDA job , which was to supplement my main job.
Can't get BT Vision to record - again.
Have got a spot.
Can life get any better than this? I think not.. :lol:
...because I hate you.

Emp

Quote from: Rog69 on 04 June, 2011, 06:27:40 PM
I was in the vicinity of my favourite second hand bookshop today so I thought I'd pop in for a browse, only to find that it's now a shoe shop.
Bugger.

How far exactly into the shop were you before i dawned on you?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Banners on 04 June, 2011, 10:10:08 AM
Quote from: Peter WolfI have started playing FarCry 2 and i am liking the African setting so what is so terribly bad about it  ?

As far as I remember, it was the respawning enemies, the way that convoys just went around in a circle and that for some reason (can't remember now) the way you had to keep your eyes on this flashing green dot in one corner of the screen rather than actually enjoy the graphics which did it in for me.

Maybe I was a being a bit harsh - it was certainly fun for a while.

I havent got that far with the game as its on hold until i have the spare time to devote to it [i am saving all my gameplay until the autumn/winter when its likely i wont have any work] but i will look out for that but its not good news as i had high hopes for it.

I was asked to leave a pub i was drinking in which is a first as i have never been kicked out of a pub before.I was having a drink with my mum and dad in a pub just around the corner which i thought was a half decent pub but it turns out i was wrong.It started because i pointed out to the bubble head barmaid that it was rude to snatch my mums glass off the table without asking if it was finished with particularly as it still had drink and ice in it.As it was the third time this happened i decided to say something but some people cannot be told anything and they dont like being told.Then some drunk piece of trash was listening into our conversation and decided to act in a belligerant manner and comment on it when it was none of her business so i had to tell her to shut her mouth.

She shouted "YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH A HE-MAN !!"  :lol: :lol:

We were then asked to leave.

Just for the hell of it after i left i went back in again and the barmaid said "I thought i asked you to leave ?" so i said you did but now i am back !  :lol:

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

One of my gerbils jumped out of my hand as I was lowering her to the floor in the hallway and she landed horribly with most of her weight on one front paw. She also bashed her nose a bit. I thought she was having a stroke or a fit and was going to die but she was just panicky and trying to get up and run with only three legs working. It took ages to calm her down and recapture her and it was quite upsetting for us as well as her. I feel guilty about it because she didn't need picking up in the first place as she had only just been let out for exercize. I have every confidence she will survive the night and make a full recovery before Monday.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I feel that my unblemished record of never missing a working day in my life may be near an end, due to feeling shit for the last month or so. I've tried to let my body battle whatever is wrong with me but I may have to finally admit defeat and go see the doc!

Even though I know I need to go and get checked out, my bloody work ethic is stopping me, as I feel that the possibilty of missing work for an illness is not a good enough reason. How mad am I  ::)

The Legendary Shark

My Dad hardly ever missed a day's work in his life. He died at sixty, leaving nothing because he had nothing. How I wish he'd skived off a day or a week or two here and there to spend with my brother and me rather than buying into this pathetic Working Class Hero bullshit. His tombstone should read "Absent Father But Excellent Slave."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

That's why everyone should work nights, I have messed about with Sam every day of his life except when I go to cons.

House of Usher

More 'Life Spugs' than minor impediments, but I am currently having to get up at 5.00am to go to work for £30 a day to do a job that produces the same stock availability data day in, day out.

The data is discarded daily without it generating any additional sales. At the same time, stock languishes on shelves upstairs in the warehouse, but it's not my job to touch it, and if I got involved in replenishment I wouldn't have time to gather the useless information on what we are not selling. I've tried telling them I'd be better deployed on replenishment than auditing but they won't listen. I came home from work today and slept for seven hours due to lost sleep.
STRIKE !!!