Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

last month, one of my day job customers had this to say:

'Sorry to hear about the stuff at home. That's really grim. We went through that with my mother. It's horrible. if we can do anything to help, let us know.'

To which I replied: 'Well, could you maybe post payment to me in future? (I usually have to collect money on foot - a tiresome, time consuming effort) it'd save me a lot of time, you see.'

'Sure buddy! We can do that!'

So, this month, I did the job, and two weeks later, the money arrives through my letterbox, in an envelope marked 'We don't need you any more.' Nothing more, nothing less.

Two-faced bastards.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

TordelBack

A.Cow

Quote from: fonky on 13 March, 2012, 06:28:55 AM
Bacon and sausages are bad for you, nearly as bad as smoking or radioactive fallout.

I suspect that's more down to the shite that is fed to pigs in the insane, yield-obsessed meat industry.

To quote Noel Coward: "Shite in, shite out."

Emperor

Quote from: fonky on 13 March, 2012, 10:41:17 PM
Tripe. They are always on about bringing tripe back. It even looks disgusting. Yuk.

One of my childhood memories if of my Granddad eating raw tripe floating in a bowl of vinegar and once he finished he drank the vinegar.  :sick:
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

HdE

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
What absolutely charming people.

It's actually becoming quite a common occurence lately. I seem to get one of those every month, which is slowly chipping away at my daily income. And there's little to no new work coming in.

I'm getting really pissed off with my day job now. When it's going okay, it's easy. But when customers create a fuss like this, it's quite demoralising. Thank God I seem to have more comics work in the pipeline!

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Gonk

Quote from: A.Cow on 13 March, 2012, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: fonky on 13 March, 2012, 06:28:55 AM
Bacon and sausages are bad for you, nearly as bad as smoking or radioactive fallout.

I suspect that's more down to the shite that is fed to pigs in the insane, yield-obsessed meat industry.

To quote Noel Coward: "Shite in, shite out."

Well if you are a vegetarian you don't escape, because it's recently been found out that no matter how much you wash them before cooking, they still keep the crap on them that the farmers use to ward of pests and insects and whatever they stick in the ground nowadays to make them grow. Fruit's the same.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Mardroid

I noticed today after dinner that a chip* has broken off of one of my teeth.

It didn't hurt at all, I didn't even notice it. What mildly worries me though is... where did that chip go?

Heh.

*By 'chip' I mean a tiny piece of the tooth itself, rather than a chip of the potatoey kind which is supposed to be broken with teeth.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 15 March, 2012, 02:10:12 AM
Luck got cancelled.

Well this is a moral dilemma. David Milch is one of my favourite television writers, having created the unparalleled Deadwood - and Luck was a potential successor to Deadwood's crown being as it was full of intricate character drama and sweary sweary folk. However the nature of the sport means that some horses were badly injured during filming and euthanised. Three horses in fact. You'd think after the second unnecessary horsedeath they'd have plumped for some manner of tv trickery....

I, Cosh

Who gives a shit about a few stupid horses? Back in the day, if they wanted to make it look like Zorro had narrowly escaped from a carriage plummeting from a cliff they just drove a carriage load of horses off a cliff and had him jump out at the last minute.

I mean, it's not like they stopped making shitty emo action thrillers just because Brandon Lee died.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

PETA are total dickbags about this type of thing and have the means to make a whole load of trouble for everyone involved. I think they had just started filming the second season and it was easier for them to shut the whole thing down.

Also David Milch really, really, really likes horses.

I, Cosh

I don't. I think they're stupid and they shit in the street outside my mum's house.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

A.Cow

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 March, 2012, 06:47:48 PM
I don't. I think they're stupid and they shit in the street outside my mum's house.

Too right.  Dogs are the same.  Can't kick them far enough, in my opinion.

Cows, on the other hand, have the common decency to do it in fields -- out of the way of 'normal' folk.