Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Yep Tordel you're right, come to think of it i seem to have a cold on at least half of all Christmas Days!

TordelBack

Quote from: Minkyboy on 26 November, 2012, 09:01:20 AM
Right, I have a bag full of rosebuds, much to my neighbour's disquiet.
What do I do now TB?

I think it's a metaphor for nipples, so just do what feels best. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEGLbCNRqw (Stick with it, it's genius).

Frank

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 November, 2012, 12:38:15 PM
Check your food labels for things like aspartame (which is found in diet pop, chewing gum, yogurt, cooking sauces, crisps, artificial sweeteners, sugar-free products and cereals, to name but a few) and cut them out.

I prefer ostentatiously covering my mouth and nose when some prick is ignorant enough to sneeze or cough in my vicinity without doing the same. It makes you look like an idiot, but it's worth it not to spend your weekend feeling rotten. Why haven't folk got the hang of acting on a simple principle that's been a mainstay of public health campaigns for almost a century?

Ancient Otter

Check your food labels for things like aspartame (which is found in diet pop, chewing gum, yogurt, cooking sauces, crisps, artificial sweeteners, sugar-free products and cereals, to name but a few) and cut them out.

Okay TLS, I cut out Aspartame out of all the food labels, now what do I do?  :D

staticgirl

My immune system was quite awful for a while because I was stressed. Since my job got more interesting I stopped getting a cold as soon as the holiday started. Having said that it's probably a cert for Xmas.

A.Cow

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 26 November, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
Check your food labels for things like aspartame [...] and cut them out.
Okay TLS, I cut out Aspartame out of all the food labels, now what do I do?  :D

You stick your own mini-label in the gap -- featuring some vaguely sugary-sounding crap, like 'sucralose' -- and cynically hope that you can confuse cutomers into thinking that you've stopped adding artificial sweeteners.

vzzbux

Turned a customers front room into a swimming pool today. Why O Why do they cover the copper piping with a plastic sheath that prevents a pipe detector from doing its job.
At least I won't be getting a hefty bill for the damages.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Blank screen of death on my Iphone. Now I have to use an old brick for calls and god knows where my old CDman is. O the bright side, my old Nokia only needs charged once a month, and I'll eventually get the newer model of Iphone in the same fashion as I got this one; wait for one of my sisters to get an upgrade. It's how I've procured every phone I've ever owned.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

It's Baltic up here in calhab and a slight thaw yesterday means a thin veneer of ice everywhere today. I'm just heading down the hill to start spreading salt and grit.

Even then, my previously completely capable wife and daughter will find it impossible to walk up and down the hill unaided until around February.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 01 December, 2012, 11:01:19 AM
It's Baltic up here in calhab and a slight thaw yesterday means a thin veneer of ice everywhere today. I'm just heading down the hill to start spreading salt and grit.
Evil Tips. Ruining winter for small boys everywhere.

My minor impediment for the day is that for the past couple of months my Prog has arrived between 12 and 12:30 on Saturday. Today, I have to be at the airport for 1.
We never really die.

Emp

Motorcycle - emergency stop fail - me now wearing enough bandages (ok tubigrip) to be right side of the invisible man :lol:

von Boom

That's terrible Emp. I hope your injuries are only minor and heal quickly.

TordelBack

Not good Emp!  Glad you came out of it more or less intact.

Bolt-01

because I've come to work without my flash drive...

So all the script feedback, new scripts in and pages delivered over the weekend will have to be unlooked at till tomorrow and I may even have to actually... work today.

Bah!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had one of those shop variant IDW Dredds turn up from the US and now I know why the postage and packaging is so drokkin' high!