Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Banners on 16 October, 2013, 05:00:03 PM
It wasn't so much the buying of the CD I objected to (it's a birthday present for my Dad, whose awful taste only usually extends to the works of James Last, so this is some kind of improvement I guess).

Rather, the impediment was that I then felt compelled to watch some of Jonathan and Charlotte's performances on YouTube.

A little bit of me died.

AGGGHHHH NO NOT JAMES LAST!

I bought a second hand game from E Bay. installed disc one aok, BUT there should be TWO discs.. and only one was in the box.

A complaint has been filled.

Simon Beigh

Been saving to go to Florida for the last 14 months. Two days until we fly, and I have a cold. This isn't a little sniffle, it's a proper 'I'm typing this from my bed' cold. And I need to visit Smiths for my Meg tomorrow... And clear my desk at work because I have a new job to come back to (which is a good job!). And pack...

Spikes

Ah man, thats crap.
Isnt it just typical that the cold should strike now. But dose yersen up, and im sure the hols will go fine.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 October, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Been saving to go to Florida for the last 14 months. Two days until we fly, and I have a cold. This isn't a little sniffle, it's a proper 'I'm typing this from my bed' cold. And I need to visit Smiths for my Meg tomorrow... And clear my desk at work because I have a new job to come back to (which is a good job!). And pack...

Are you hitting Miami? If not, still going to Florida you jammy sod...

vzzbux

Wankers at FP.
Went to collect my IDW's and they didn't place Mars Attacks v Dredd in my standing order even though I pre ordered it.
Now I am going to have to find issue one as they don't have one in stock.
Pricks.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Professor Bear

Yay.  Despite not partaking of the whacky baccy in years, thanks to the neighbour in the downstairs flat I opened the laundry cupboard and found that every single item of what I thought was clean linen - including clothes, towels, bedsheets - stank to high heaven of cheap, nasty skunk to the point I had to put everything I own through the wash, and moving the clothes on the bottom of the pile has somehow allowed the unfiltered, rancid stench of it free access to the rest of my gaffe.
If you see some news tomorrow about an Irishman stabbing his downstairs neighbour in his stupid alky throat, I REGRET NOTHING.

The Doctor Alt 8

Wouldn't it be better if you just made a little anonymous phone call...?

Or fight back with a bigger, nastier stink...

sheldipez

Quote from: vzzbux on 21 October, 2013, 12:36:55 AM
Wankers at FP.
Went to collect my IDW's and they didn't place Mars Attacks v Dredd in my standing order even though I pre ordered it.
Now I am going to have to find issue one as they don't have one in stock.
Pricks.

Dispoable Heroes have standard and sub variant still in stock

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 21 October, 2013, 01:16:29 AM
Yay.  Despite not partaking of the whacky baccy in years, thanks to the neighbour in the downstairs flat I opened the laundry cupboard and found that every single item of what I thought was clean linen - including clothes, towels, bedsheets - stank to high heaven of cheap, nasty skunk to the point I had to put everything I own through the wash, and moving the clothes on the bottom of the pile has somehow allowed the unfiltered, rancid stench of it free access to the rest of my gaffe.
If you see some news tomorrow about an Irishman stabbing his downstairs neighbour in his stupid alky throat, I REGRET NOTHING.

On the positive side it could be a much worse smell that a bit weed  :lol:

Dandontdare

My PC blew up.

There was a flash from inside the casing, all the plug sockets in the flat tripped off and there was a smell of burning dust and plastic.

I'll have a look tonight, but I'm absolutely clueless about these things.

Hawkmumbler

By that description DDD, it is to put it colloquially, quite fucked.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 October, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
There was a flash from inside the casing, all the plug sockets in the flat tripped off and there was a smell of burning dust and plastic.

From bitter experience, sounds like your power block has gone (the bit that transforms and routes the power from the mains into all the little cables for each bit of your machine).  Bit of a pain in the arse to replace whatever your make and model, but your HDD will most likely be okay so don't despair, and RAM should still be salvagable should you decide to move on rather than repair.

Professor Bear

Don't give up on it just yet, DDD.  I bought a new pc recently that gave me an electric shock and melted some wires coming off the power block the first time I turned it on, and it still booted up once or twice before the pc store insisted I needed to send it back to them anyway.  I did so and it came back with a new power block, working just fine apart from the fact they'd installed Windows 7 in the fucking thing to run diagnostics despite me buying it in the first place because I wanted to install a linux OS.  Spent 8 hours yesterday fruitlessly trying to get theg raphics tablet working on the bastard thing, so that was 400 nicker well spent.

Windows 7 is shit.

The Legendary Shark

Been stuck in virtually stationary traffic on the M62 for over an hour in the pissing rain. The door rubber has picked today to perish so it's also raining in all over my right leg. Bloody bugger.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

sorry to hear of your soggy leg sharky - the M62 is ALWAYS clogged, I think radio 2 announcers just add "very busy on the M62" to every traffic forecast in the knowledge that they'll usually be right.  I was rather damp and 45 minutes late to work today as the trams were knackered again. *sigh*

Thanks for all the advice on my PC woes - I think it was the power block thingy - I took the side off and that seems to be roughly where the flash had been spotted, and the block was very very hot. I'll see if it's dead or just wounded tonight, and if nothing happens I'll see about replacing that bit first. It's been crashing a lot lately, which may be a precursor to it's final suicide.