Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

I'm not going to ask about boardgames anymore because I'm derailing the thread. Though derailing it may be may be a minor impediment for the person whose thread this is - Bouwel, where are you gone?

TordelBack

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 08 December, 2013, 05:19:08 PM
I'm not going to ask about boardgames anymore because I'm derailing the thread. Though derailing it may be may be a minor impediment for the person whose thread this is - Bouwel, where are you gone?

What, getting beaten by a 7-yr old isn't a minor impediment?  And yeah, miss Bouwel's contributions.

Batman's Superior Cousin

My PS4 is now officially dead ("No Video Signal"), with my hard earned Killzone data missing, presumed lost forever!!!!! :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

COMMANDO FORCES

Finished work early, so I thought I can just about fit in The Arrow and Strike Back, before the family start to get up.
About 20 seconds into the first program and the cable box has decided to reboot. Now all I can see is 'Your Digital TV service will start shortly'. Aaaaaaargh >:(

shaolin_monkey

Got all my prezzies sorted within budget, and put aside a little spare cash for some boozy evenings with pals over the next fortnight...

...and then the car breaks down.

AAAAARGHGHGHGHGHH!!!!! >:(

radiator

Kinda pissed with Apple right now for ios7 essentially breaking my perfectly good iphone4. It's now really slow and sluggish to use, and for some reason the update has also apparently buggered the 'home' button - it now has mental lag, and pressing it also now goes to the app slide menu (like it should when you double-click) rather than the home screen 50 percent of the time. They REALLY should not have made this update available on iPhones older than 5.

Seriously Apple, I love ya, but get act together.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I've been happily driving around with a drivers side window that doesn't shut for a few months now. It didn't bother me too much, as I only had to tape it up for long journeys (Steve Green will vouch for that  :lol: ) I was gonna just leave it like that for as long as I could but the other morning the bloody fan died as well, so due to it being winter I had to get it repaired asp. Even I can't see out of a frozen windscreen, so today it went in and I splashed the cash to get the window done as well, might as well I thought.

Well the car is on the road again and my wallet is lighter. Now you think that is bad enough but during this week we have been having a new shower put in and obviously that is eating money as well. That doesn't bother me much but I've been having 'luxurious' showers at work, as I hate having a bath, takes way too much time and time is a rare commodity!

I hate spending money on none Dredd stuff :'(

TordelBack

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 December, 2013, 12:22:44 PM
...and then the car breaks down.

Quote from: Commando Forces...the other morning the bloody fan died as well, so due to it being winter I had to get it repaired asp. Even I can't see out of a frozen windscreen, so today it went in and I splashed the cash to get the window done as well, might as well I thought.

Aaaaand this morning the gearbox on my wife's car gave up the ghost.  After nerve-wracking Christmas budgeting had just about worked out, we're now well and truly scuppered until January, and I'm left running the missus to and from work (no public transport) and the kids to and from school every bloody day leaving my own work time severely curtailed...

I should  be rightly annoyed, but honestly, the whole family plus dog crammed into my Fiesta chugging about the festively-lit city and environs twice a day every day singing along to Christmas FM - well, that sounds pretty damn nic e actually. :D

Modern Panther

The temporary traffic lights which were put up three days ago at the busy junction on my way to work have just been removed.  In those three days, no road work was done.

I don't mean very little was done, or nothing of importance was done.

Literally, three days of congestion and not a single ounce of tarmac was shifted.  And now they've disappeared.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Temponaut on 13 December, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
The temporary traffic lights which were put up three days ago at the busy junction on my way to work have just been removed.  In those three days, no road work was done.

I don't mean very little was done, or nothing of importance was done.

Literally, three days of congestion and not a single ounce of tarmac was shifted.  And now they've disappeared.

That was just a trial run. The real thing will last for a lot longer.

shaolin_monkey

So the bill for the car wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, which was nice.

But then I got a bill from SWALEC which said I owed them £135 more than expected!!!

So it's going to be thick jumpers and no heating for the next 3 months.  ::)

shaolin_monkey

On the plus side, half a rawl plug and a bit of Sellotape saved me the cost of a heating engineer call-out.

Rog69

On the subject of Christmas budgeting being derailed, I too thought I was done and dusted and still just about in the black, only to come home to my washing machine making threatening noises this afternoon.