Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Emp

Well after fracturing my knee I am now having to wear a brace for 8 weeks and not weight bear on my right leg.
Good point, no work for 8 weeks  :thumbsup:. Bad point no booze for 8 weeks :o

So, I'll either end up doing a lot of writing or end up with cabin fever.

von Boom

That's terrible news Emp. Long lay ups are rough. Stick to the writing and don't spend to much time staring out of back windows at neighbours going ons. It'll make you mad.

Mabs

My tooth cap came off over the weekend, now I got a gap in my upper teeth. Best not to smile eh?  :-\
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mabs on 16 December, 2013, 02:59:42 PM
My tooth cap came off over the weekend, now I got a gap in my upper teeth. Best not to smile eh?  :-\

I've had a gappy tooth for months now. I had an implant that kept coming out - the dentist kept sticking it back in but the length of time before it came out again was diminishing each time. Eventually he drilled out the roots and I'm due to have a bridge made in January.

When my mum asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, as a joke I sang "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" - she took me literally and is giving me a cheque towards the cost of my bridge!

Mabs

Ah that's really sweet! Mums eh? I've had trouble with my teeth since a young age, they just seem to bloody break away, whether it is lack of vitamins or something I don't know. It's really quite irritating at times though.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Modern Panther

Turns out, the guy i paid to install my bathroom decided to save a bit of time by not fixing the sink to the wall with the fixtures i provided.  Instead, he thought it would be a good idea to glue it to the painted wall tiles. 

Never glue heavy pieces of porcelain to paint.  Gloss just doesn't have the structural integrity you'd think it does.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Temponaut on 18 December, 2013, 11:20:56 PM
Turns out, the guy i paid to install my bathroom decided to save a bit of time by not fixing the sink to the wall with the fixtures i provided.  Instead, he thought it would be a good idea to glue it to the painted wall tiles. 

Never glue heavy pieces of porcelain to paint.  Gloss just doesn't have the structural integrity you'd think it does.

Damn Temponaut, that's some bad luck to be landed with a cowboy.

Rog69

I'm in the dog house with her indoors accidentally teaching my 4 year old the "F" word.

I was playing Dishonored on my PC late last night, totally immersed with my headphones on and the lights off and the wife thought it would be a good idea to tap me on the shoulder as she passed my man-cave on the way to taking our youngest to the loo.

TordelBack

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 19 December, 2013, 09:09:36 PM
Damn Temponaut, that's some bad luck to be landed with a cowboy

Aye, particularly when most of them are busy in Link Prime's kitchen.

CrazyFoxMachine

About to head out for another blood pressure test - something I never perform very well in because I'm perpetually quite anxious. When I awoke today though I actually felt quite relaxed, quite positive, maybe this one wouldn't be so full-on...

Then - just fifteen minutes before leaving - the landlord family upstairs have broken into the most terrifying row I've ever heard. The children are screaming and weeping, I can hear glass breaking, the mother is screeching and screeching "I'll fucking kill you" and there is much to be profoundly, profoundly concerned about.

So, ahem. Not going to be 120 over 80 today I don't think :'(

Link Prime

Sorry to hear that CFM, someone close to me has the exact same problem.

An obvious one I know- but go for a 30 min walk right before heading to the doctors.
It will reduce your blood pressure (and probably a bit of anxiety too).

I, Cosh

There are only three (small) bottles of beer in the fridge. This would certainly qualify as something more than a mini impediment but I think there's plenty of wine.
We never really die.

GrinningChimera

All day hangovers. That's Christmas for ya. I got some Thai for tea and went to pour myself a glass of milk and completely missed the glass. Went to pick up some rice with the fork and ended up with rice all over me. Still, it only happens once a year. Also, I am never eating chocolate ever again. I have consumed enough in the last 48 hours to last me a lifetime.

Something Fishy

not remotely hung over.  It being radiation month for the wife has led to a very quiet xmas.

starting to be allowed out form this Friday so time to enjoy Christmas then with a night out watching some folk and bluegrass stuff down west.