Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I forgot that I'd swapped shifts with a colleague and came in two and a half hours early -  as I'm needed for the late cover, I'm stuck with a 8am-8pm shift today. Already feels long and it's not even lunchtime yet.  :(

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Yup, but on the upside, I'll have a day next week that's two and a half hours shorter - I'm a glass half full kinda guy!

ZenArcade

As long as it's whiskey it can be half empty for all I care.

TordelBack

In my experience a glass of whiskey is a binary proposition: full or empty, with no real intermediate stage.

ZenArcade

Well there's sippin' whiskey and gulpin' whiskey. Z

maryanddavid

Zenith 666

Whiskey likes you it's just that whiskey loves kicking your ass more.

Grugz

next doors evil ginger cat tried to get a fledgling dove that had come out of its nest on our old sky dish I rescued it but as it didn't have its tail feathers yet my dad whos a bird expert advised me to leave it were the parents could get to it as it was more than likely still being fed ,he would have taken it in his aviary but he doubtd it would survive, so I put it on the conservatory roof and stood guard for a couple of hours with my semi auto nerf rifle and a broom fending off the evil moggy twice. when the ginger git gave up and went inside I saw its mum and dad come to see it and it was trying to hop about on the roof so I went to make a brew,well earned I thought ...then I heard a bang and the bird has gone, I looked everywhere but Derek (as I named him) was no where to be seen. I think the evil ginger git cat came back and murdered him.. :(
  this is why I hate cats.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ZenArcade

I'm not too sure of the providence of this Grugz, but anecdotally I was told if the chick/fledgling is interfered with the parents will essentally leave it to die. Z :(

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 10 February, 2015, 07:00:35 PM
this is why I hate cats.

Cats eat birds. Sharks eat seals. Owls eat mice. Animals eat other animals. Doesn't make them evil, doesn't make them deserving of your hatred.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Anthropomising is contra-intuitive but real none the less. Z

COMMANDO FORCES

Another red postal card today :'( :'( :'( :'( must be Case Files 24

Bring back Geoff our postie, as we never had a red card from him!

Theblazeuk

Quote from: ZenArcade on 10 February, 2015, 07:04:59 PM
I'm not too sure of the providence of this Grugz, but anecdotally I was told if the chick/fledgling is interfered with the parents will essentally leave it to die. Z :(

Urban legend. However they may abandond them if you make them feel the nest itself is no longer safe.

ZenArcade