Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

It started doing that about two weeks ago.  The trouble is the autoplay switches itself back on at random.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 March, 2015, 01:52:25 PM
A minor impediment indeed, but pointless and annoying.

I found out about that functionality when playing a The Darkness song called "Barbarian" for my 6 year old, as she loves it. Left it with her and it then automatically played "Get your hands off of my woman" by same band. As the song contains several "You c**t"s and loads of "Motherf***ers", it has lead to 'the fear' that she's going to start singing those out.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Grugz

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 24 March, 2015, 12:34:28 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 24 March, 2015, 09:12:27 AM
ibs or wind? if its the latter we have some gripe water you can borrow...if its the first you have my sympathies as I have yet to find a cure for that.

Talking to me?

i was indeedy ! the bit about wind and ibs following your post about bowel pain gave it away didn't it? ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Batman's Superior Cousin

Nope :D

Anyway, it's "Bowel Problems", which I believe was caused by tablets to help with my Acid Reflux!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 24 March, 2015, 02:02:48 PM
You can switch that off by clocking the little switch above the top video on the right hand side.

which means logging in, which means creating a google account that I don't want .... GRRR

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 24 March, 2015, 12:41:51 PM
I always find Rennies actually really work

Nah. He's shit. Him and Molcher are killing 2000ad!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

OK so apparently the OU have cancelled my BSc (hons) degree because of some mix up with Student Finances. I can't access anything that i've done on my profile anymore. I'm fucking fuming what am I going to do?!

The Legendary Shark

1) Keep calm.
2) Find out exactly what the mix-up is.
3) Fix it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

A.Cow

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 March, 2015, 06:24:32 AM
1) Keep calm.
3) Fix it.

Agreed.  Over the years I've found that universities tend to go into lock-down mode quickly with regard to money, but they're pretty cool about things once they have proof that it's being fixed.

Tjm86

Quote from: A.Cow on 28 March, 2015, 01:13:19 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 March, 2015, 06:24:32 AM
1) Keep calm.
3) Fix it.

Agreed.  Over the years I've found that universities tend to go into lock-down mode quickly with regard to money, but they're pretty cool about things once they have proof that it's being fixed.

I'd second that.  I've done two degrees with the OU and the only thing that locks things down is a missed payment somewhere.  It's usually an easy fix with a few phone calls (normally just one).  I've only experienced it once when they buggered up a direct debit but once it was sorted they got everything back on track PDQ.

Hawkmumbler

Thank you chaps, thanks to the kind staff at the OU we found what the problem was, my student loan declaration hadn't been filed properly and as a result was still pending with OU finances. This has now been resolved and I have access to all my stuff again. :D

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

JamesC

The house I have my heart set on and am in the process of buying has brick damage leading to (at the moment) minor damp problems. Basically bricks need cutting out and replacing and damp correction needs to be undertaken ASAP.
I can negotiate with the vendors on who's going to stump up for the cost of this once an expert has given a quote for the work but it's an undeniable ball ache I could do without.

I should think myself lucky I'm in the position to buy a house at all of course.