Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I had to look up 'mard', me.  You learn something new every day.

I just read the first three pages of this thread; it was really funny. (I say that without sarcasm; there truly is some top-class banter there.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

This thread was better in the past, which is mildly upsetting.

Which definition of mard did you settle on? I just looked it up too on the Urban Dictionary and learned this one: "A very handsome and strong man who frequently urinates and plays sports. He is very enteraining and can put on a peculiar show." It's not the definition I originally intended but now I'm tending towards it...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

richerthanyou

My first university assignment came back with a C+.

Not sure how I feel about that yet. It was what I was expecting since I really didn't put it as much effort as I could (although I'm still trying to get my time management sorted)

Happy because it's a result. Disappointed in myself that I could have tried harder and got a better grade.

Plus now I have one more grade that I need to offset with something better in order to boost my gpa.

And at least now I now where I stand as far at what is required and such....

I think I'll sleep on it before thinking about it any more.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Grugz

surely C+ is good? you're in uni which my brain would never allow me and my greatest academic achievement was getting a U for ungraded in cdt ,yes ,I was that crap they couldn't be arsed marking it...something I have to remind my wife when she mentions diy!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

richerthanyou

Tooth ache. Right at the back. Worried it could be a wisdom tooth. Got some panadol from the chinese shop and it looks suspiciously counterfeit. So for now I'm putting up with the pain. Once I've got some money (oh how ironic!) I'll be straight off to the dentist!
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

SuperSurfer

Quote from: richerthanyou on 30 March, 2016, 02:42:40 AM
Tooth ache. Right at the back. Worried it could be a wisdom tooth. Got some panadol from the chinese shop and it looks suspiciously counterfeit. So for now I'm putting up with the pain. Once I've got some money (oh how ironic!) I'll be straight off to the dentist!

Ouch. Try Clove oil for relief from toothache.

Apparently it can help out for your fly infestation!

The Legendary Shark

So, I gets the call from work at half past two this afternoon. Customer in a Big Panic. Five pallets of lettuce needing to get from Skelmersdale to Lichfield urgently to be packed, otherwise large portions of the country will be without pre-packed salad bowls tomorrow. Can I help? Sure I can.

So I hot foot it to Skelmersdale for this panic rush urgent vital job. They can't find the lettuce. When they do, it's all on the wrong pallets and has to be re-stacked. Forty minutes later I'm loaded and ready for off - but the bloke who makes the exit barrier go up and down has gone for a brew.

Ten minutes later and I'm on my way. M6 is a rush-hour, car park, fender-bender nightmare but I fight through it manfully and finally arrive at Lichfield.

To find everyone's gone home.

*sigh*
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: richerthanyou on 30 March, 2016, 02:42:40 AM

Not good richer. I had two wisdom teeth pulled last month. The dentist told me that if you're feeling pain, it's already too late. Hopefully it turns out better for you.

Grugz

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 March, 2016, 07:13:25 PM
So, I gets the call from work at half past two this afternoon. Customer in a Big Panic. Five pallets of lettuce needing to get from Skelmersdale to Lichfield urgently to be packed, otherwise large portions of the country will be without pre-packed salad bowls tomorrow. Can I help? Sure I can.

I refuse to believe in urgent lettuce. :P

The Legendary Shark

The blister committed suicide all over my sock.

Urgent lettuce constitutes around 20% of my wages.

My world is quite odd.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

I just hope that lettuce is not now being sold in Blister Packs. :lol:

Hawkmumbler