Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

What gets me is that the yanks have admitted defeat after being challenged on their own turf.  I don't know if John Wayne would have even bothered getting out of bed in the morning if he thought this was the country he'd be leaving behind.

ZenArcade

If he gets too uppity some of those grinning f**ks behind him with the gold braid will existentially reorientate him with a low calibre bullet in a dank, dark room. He is a freakish puppet acting as a figure head and the iconic infallible image of the figurehead must be protected hence the reaction. It is the North Korean equivalent of some corporation getting passed off and issuing a writ over image integrity. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

I think its because despite all their gung ho bluster the yanks don't know how to deal with an "enemy" that is crazy enough to carry out all his threats he has a massive army of indoctrinated zombies and nuclear cabibility and would use them because lets face it he aint all there.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Spikes

I'm with Sony, on this. Take me, North Korea, im all your's....

ZenArcade

Is she red, is she white, is she promised to the night. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

That's if it was North Korea - from what I've heard (which is admittedly not a lot) the evidence is very tenuous - "similar" coding, for example. And why attack Sony? Why not the CIA, Pentagon, White House, Federal Reserve Bank, Army, Air Force, Navy, oil companies, Wall Street, air traffic control, the courts, the police, emergency services, healthcare companies, etc., etc., etc? But they attack an entertainment company? Smells like bullshit to me - a false flag attack to justify the further demonisation of a country the American elites don't like.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 December, 2014, 04:23:35 AM
That's if it was North Korea - from what I've heard (which is admittedly not a lot) the evidence is very tenuous - "similar" coding, for example. And why attack Sony? Why not the CIA, Pentagon, White House, Federal Reserve Bank, Army, Air Force, Navy, oil companies, Wall Street, air traffic control, the courts, the police, emergency services, healthcare companies, etc., etc., etc? But they attack an entertainment company? Smells like bullshit to me - a false flag attack to justify the further demonisation of a country the American elites don't like.

North Korea blatantly did this, for the reason their leader took personal offence at the film (which, let's face it, is actually pretty understandable).

Going off on a crazy conspiracy-theory tangent is all very entertaining, but I don't see any scope for it here.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Grugz on 19 December, 2014, 10:40:11 PM
I think its because despite all their gung ho bluster the yanks don't know how to deal with an "enemy" that is crazy enough to carry out all his threats he has a massive army of indoctrinated zombies and nuclear cabibility and would use them because lets face it he aint all there.

It should be noted that North Korea is extremely good at insanely aggressive rhetoric, but they don't often carry out their more colourful threats and as such could be a bit more rational than they are generally given credit for.

Sony and the major US cinema chains were no doubt caught on the hop by the NK bluster, but it's somewhat doubtful that they would have started raining down fire on any cinema that showed the movie.

The Legendary Shark

What do you mean by 'conspiracy theory'? Isn't the FBI's theory about NK's conspiracy to attack Sony just that?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 December, 2014, 07:21:08 AM
What do you mean by 'conspiracy theory'? Isn't the FBI's theory about NK's conspiracy to attack Sony just that?

No, that was the law enforcement officials reporting on the evidence.

Your post ignored the clear motive for the cyber-attack, and also listed a number of other supposedly superior targets which either seemed far harder to compromise (the CIA, Pentagon), or nonsensical (healthcare companies?).

I do see some cyber-security experts say the case against NK isn't proven, but it's a big leap from that to the whole thing is trumped up to justify American aggression (and, by the way, there won't be any, there's zero-chance of any military action against NK anytime in the near or far future).

The Legendary Shark

Have you heard of the Gulf of Tonkin incident?
Also, the goal doesn't have to be military conquest. It's far more likely to be economic.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 December, 2014, 07:40:11 AM
Have you heard of the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

I hadn't but just looked it up and it reminded me of The War of Jenkins Ear.

Just because there have been trumped up incidents in the past doesn't mean that every incident is trumped up (am pretty sure the attack on Pearl Harbour was real, for instance), but I take your point.

QuoteAlso, the goal doesn't have to be military conquest. It's far more likely to be economic.

Only if this is a proxy conflict with China, but I can't see any evidence for that.

TordelBack

Quote from: Allah Akbark on 19 December, 2014, 10:36:37 PMI don't know if John Wayne would have even bothered getting out of bed in the morning if he thought this was the country he'd be leaving behind.

Jesse Custer?

Steve Green

From what I've read, the whole Interview thing only started being mentioned by the GOP when the media linked the two.

It's not the first time Sony have been targeted without any North Korean angle.

It's also been suggested that having NK as the culprit suits Sony regarding any lawsuits from people affected by the hack.

Spikes

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 December, 2014, 04:23:35 AM
And why attack Sony? Why not the CIA, Pentagon, White House, Federal Reserve Bank, Army, Air Force, Navy, oil companies, Wall Street, air traffic control, the courts, the police, emergency services, healthcare companies, etc., etc., etc?

Wouldn't that be just an insane move by North Korea?

I suspect, like Russia - of late, they know exactly what they can, and can't, get away with at this time.