Main Menu

Prog 2330: Mobile Infantry

Started by Bad City Blue, 28 April, 2023, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 May, 2023, 02:51:02 PMDredd is a nice one-off by Edginton (it's been a while)

Thargnote: See prog 2327

IndigoPrime

Ha! Fair enough. But my broader point remains. Big, big gaps between his output sometimes, which robs them of any momentum.

Link Prime

Extraordinary cover by Manco.
Has to be cover of the year, despite some stiff competition already in the bag.

Prog so-so for me, only really enjoyed Dredd and Rogue this week.

broodblik

Well not a bad prog overall but this run still feels like it might miss a beat or two. I am sure that The Out will remedy those missing beats and hopefully it is more than just a single episode.

Dredd – A decent once-off which ends more in a setup to maybe something bigger.

Shock – Not a bad first attempt with a slightly different angle on conspiracies.

Durham Red – This episode is all about the main antagonist and the story is setting up a confrontation with Red.

Enemy Earth – Wow, this is the first time that I can day that an EE episode was not too bad. Even the art felt more structured with at least all characters not looking like ugly dudes.

Rogue Trooper – The story has really moved forward, and we are still very much in the dark where mister Ennis is going with it. Goddard's art is continuing to lead the story. If Rebellion is thinking of doing a re-image of Charley's War you have to artists. Really enjoying the overall story and still leader in the pack.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I'm going to say this and move on I know folks love the cover but its nowhere near as good as Patrick Goddard's work inside. There said it, I know it books the tread but...

Anyway

Dredd so last weeks (well three weekis ago I'm on catch up!) was set up for a future story a, so is the Dredd in this Prog. Stop that already. Tell us a story. Don't care if its good tell us a story, don't just set up your next big story. Lovely art mind.

I feel thick as I didn't really get the Future Shock. Sorry! Its clearly just me.

Durham Red and Rogue - gosh I've got three reviews to write tonight and I don't think I'm going to say much more than these two are just brilliant in any of them. Both thrills are top draw! Same repetition for Enemy Earth - its fine, no more no less.

So yeah the loose of The Order means this is a drop in quality overall but still not a bad Prog.

Southstreeter

Any subbers still waiting for this? No sign north of the border.

Funt Solo

I felt like this Dredd might be a callback to another story where some kind of alien lifeform was coming ashore at a dock, and was reminiscent of the the Replicators from Stargate.

Am I remembering a dream, or a Dredd story?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Enemy Earth

It's nice to get an episode that isn't just "thing is going to kill us - cliffhanger". I like the slower pace of this one. The way in which the dad is introduced is odd, though - it feels forced in a way that lots of slow-paced television shows are. You know when you're thinking "character A knows a key bit of information that they're not telling character B - but if they just told them then it would help solve the problem". And the only reason they're not telling them is to service the story, which feels off.

Like, why doesn't Zoe immediately tell Jules that his dad has rescued them? Because the story wanted a tease-reveal on the next page. Why doesn't Zoe tell Robert that Jessica is a cannibal that was planning on murdering her and Jules?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++