Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Blimey. And "more than 10 available". Did inca_books buy every copy? I sold mine off ages ago* – and for way more than 15 quid.

* Mostly because I'm an idiot and totally forgot I had the original Leviathan in HC. So I bunged the UC book on eBay to try and recoup my costs. And the sale price kept going up and up.

EDIT: Looks like the same seller has a pile of Dredd/Anderson (144/179) as well. So if anyone here still needs that book (which also vanished from eg FP very quickly), now's your chance!

AdamStrange

I used this seller to buy a recent volume I'd missed out on. They accepted an offer on the book and it came quickly and was still sealed. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested.

Jade Falcon

I'm STILL waiting on Harlem Heroes vol 2, wondering if id be better going the third party route
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Tomontherun94

Survival Geeks and Dan Dare Vol 1 arrived today. Survival Geeks is everything except the second Regened 'Splorers strip, Dan Dare is prog 1-51. The introduction implies there's only 2 volumes so unless there is a third, it looks like some stuff is going to be excluded.

AdamStrange

The Hachette homepage is promoting a discount code of JANUARY50 and 50% off until the end of the month. When I try to validate it at checkout it doesn't work. Has anyone had any joy with it?

IndigoPrime

Hachette tends to be Exclusion City when it comes to codes at the best of times. I think the Dredd collection was included in one sale and there was such a shitstorm from people that Dredd and possibly 2000 AD was specifically excluded from the next one.

Yep. Just tried here. Works for a Marvel or DC book but not for 2000 AD.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 January, 2024, 09:21:47 AMWaiting on from whom?

I order mine from my local WH Smiths.  For some stupid reason apparently the book arrived when it was meant to and was sent back to the distributors...no apology nothing.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

castle4

167 and 168 arrived. From Kingmakers intro it states: this volume contains the first three stories, with the creative team working on a fourth, due to appear in the Prog during 2024, entitled 'Drawing of the three'. Was that already known?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: castle4 on 20 January, 2024, 08:18:29 AM167 and 168 arrived. From Kingmakers intro it states: this volume contains the first three stories, with the creative team working on a fourth, due to appear in the Prog during 2024, entitled 'Drawing of the three'. Was that already known?

I don't remember hearing it but its very good newes.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 19 January, 2024, 10:58:24 PMI order mine from my local WH Smiths.  For some stupid reason apparently the book arrived when it was meant to and was sent back to the distributors...no apology nothing.
I mean, unless they can guarantee you getting another copy in and do it soon, and assuming you pay on collection rather than up front, I'd be tempted to source one elsewhere. Looking at the Hachette site, not many of the more recent editions are OOP, but some of the fairly recent ones already are (and are expensive to source elsewhere), such as Button Man #1 (which finally put to bed my thoughts about double dipping YET AGAIN on a series).

Shakira? Shakara!

Shame it doesn't cover the 2000ad UC, as it would be a good time to snap up the 4 x Red Seas volumes otherwise. Ah well. One day...

On a related note, any idea what the chances of any more Mek Files volumes is likely to be? I skipped the ABC Warriors Hachette volumes because the Mek Files are superior (and the weird way they split The Black Hole Saga which I really didn't like), and of course, Sod's Law, since then they've come to a screeching halt. Now the final 3 Hachette volumes with the uncollected strips are all no longer available on the Hachette site.

Helpfully, the Ebay seller you noted above, inca_books, has the final 2 volumes. Tempted to grab those and cross my fingers for at least a Mek Files 5 one day. But then it's probably easier for Rebellion to get Nemesis reprinted for the 1000th time first, this time in a super deluxe 3D presentation on reinforced steel with Kevin O'Neill's original gutter notes included. And Slaine The Horned God, this time hand signed in blood by Simon Bisley plus a lock of his hair with every copy.

Max Headroom

I also really wanted the Mek Files to be completed, but lost hope and bought the Ultimate Collection books with the additional stories in them to complete the ABC Warriors story. It seems to me a bitter shame to start a series in one format and then not finish it. (Similarly, I desperately want the last books of Finn and Third World War to come out in webshop exclusive hardcovers but am beginning to think they may never do).

IndigoPrime

I was torn between the Mek Files and UC, and went on quite a journey. I preferred the reworked SMS art in the UC, but the format of the Mek Files was so much better and didn't slice Black Hole in half. So I sold off the UC books, in part because Hachette was awful at the time. And then, naturally, I decided I wanted to pick up the UC, and backfilled the books I'd sold. And then sold Mek Files. And then kept getting tempted to pick it up again in the Rebellion sales. Thank god Rebellion sold out of the Mek Files books or I may well have lost it.

The Monarch

so now we have a lot more space to play with shall we begin speculating?

I personally think we'll get some more sin dex volumes to take us to the end of bulletopia at least.

every extension has to have at least one chunk of pat mills so its gotta be either mach 1 or sigh american reaper

as much as i hate it skip tracer seems more likely now

the pedant in me wants canon fodder and tharg the mighty though i know no one else does xd

maybe feral and foe?

anything else?