Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 December, 2022, 01:18:42 PM
Has new Durham Red (divisive as I know it is) been in the UC?

Nope - not had that or Scarlet Apocrypha. Which I think has just about the right sort of page count too soo fingers crossed for that one.

davidbishop

Quote from: The Monarch on 14 December, 2022, 12:17:44 PM
it makes me very happy and i am sure it'll make the bish-op droid very happy too hes wanted the original vol 1 middenface strip back in print for ages

It does! Have known this was coming for a while [and about the 141-180 extension] because I get interviewed occasionaly about relevant strips for the back matter. Al's Baby might not be the only creator-owned strip getting a collection from Hachette...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: davidbishop on 14 December, 2022, 06:33:38 PM
it makes me very happy and i am sure it'll make the bish-op droid very happy too hes wanted the original vol 1 middenface strip back in print for ages

It does! Have known this was coming for a while [and about the 141-180 extension] because I get interviewed occasionaly about relevant strips for the back matter. Al's Baby might not be the only creator-owned strip getting a collection from Hachette...

Button Man... 🤞🤞🤞
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Al's Baby might not be the only creator-owned strip getting a collection from Hachette...

Button Man... 🤞🤞🤞
[/quote]
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Headroom

Quote from: Leigh S on 14 December, 2022, 04:40:00 PM
Ouch! thats a weird one to miss out.  I recall The Sad Case got missed in the Agency Files, so presumed it might ahve been an error copied forward

'The Sad Case' is listed as appearing in the volume 'Strontium Dog: Traitor To His Kind'.

The Monarch

when we found out that mazeworld was getting a book that kind of opened the door for creator owned stuff to appear in the collection. I would be genuinly shocked if we didn't get button man

Leigh S

Yeah, after it was pointed out it was missed from the Kreeler Conspiracy book, it got put into the next volume IIRC

Quote from: Max Headroom on 14 December, 2022, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 14 December, 2022, 04:40:00 PM
Ouch! thats a weird one to miss out.  I recall The Sad Case got missed in the Agency Files, so presumed it might ahve been an error copied forward

'The Sad Case' is listed as appearing in the volume 'Strontium Dog: Traitor To His Kind'.

13school

The door's back open for American Reaper!

sintec

With the announcement of the final books in the 2nd extension it's now apparent that there will be no Dredd book in that portion of the UC. The only Dredd appearance is in Casualties of War in the Rogue Trooper book. Wonder if we'll be seeing him again in this 3rd extension.

Personally I'm still holding out on buying any of the recent Rebellion Dredd books in case they end getting included here. I bought most of the creator owned titles a while back as it seemed pretty certain those weren't going to get included at the time. Much as I'm glad to see them here as I think they're very deserving of a place in the UC I don't want to get caught out again.

Bad Andy

Wondering which creator-owned strips were published during Bish-Op's reign that he would be intrerviewed about?

Luke Kirby & Zenith too early.

Button Man before and after but not during.

We know Al's Baby is in it don't we?

Holding out for Dinosty and Big Dave.

Dark Jimbo

Well, here we go again! Never thought we'd be in this position, to be quite honest...

141 -
142 -
143 -
144 -
145 -
146 -
147 -
148 -
149 -
150 -
151 -
152 -
153 -
154 -
155 -
156 -
157 -
158 -
159 -
160 -
161 – Al's Baby
162 -
163 -
164 -
165 -
166 -
167 -
168 -
169 -
170 -
171 -
172 -
173 -
174 -
175 -
176 -
177 -
178 -
179 -
180 –

Also confirmed are; Armoured Gideon (presumably 2 books?), Zenith (2 books), Middenface Mcnulty* (1 book). Tacitly but not definitely confirmed are Dan Dare (3 books?) and Mazeworld (1 book?). Which means, amazingly, we may already know what ten of the forty books are!

*Currently listed as volume 117, which is clearly wrong.
@jamesfeistdraws

Qwertyburger

QuoteAlso confirmed are; Armoured Gideon (presumably 2 books?), Zenith (2 books), Middenface Mcnulty* (1 book). Tacitly but not definitely confirmed are Dan Dare (3 books?) and Mazeworld (1 book?). Which means, amazingly, we may already know what ten of the forty books are!

Why is Middenface Mcnulty as 117 wrong? It's listed as issue 140 so not part of the new extension.

Dark Jimbo

🤦 Mea culpa, you're right. That'll teach me to post on very little sleep.
@jamesfeistdraws

Qwertyburger

Quote🤦 Mea culpa, you're right. That'll teach me to post on very little sleep.

To be fair I thought I may have missed something. I do wish they'd give us more idea of what is going to be in this new extension, there is certainly a whole bunch of stuff I'd like in the collection but I can think of a lot of stuff that might be collected that I wouldn't be bothered by.

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 December, 2022, 12:15:58 PM
Also confirmed are; Armoured Gideon (presumably 2 books?), Zenith (2 books), Middenface Mcnulty* (1 book). Tacitly but not definitely confirmed are Dan Dare (3 books?) and Mazeworld (1 book?). Which means, amazingly, we may already know what ten of the forty books are!

I think Armoured Gideon will fit in one volume, although it'll be tight. According to Barney it's 253 pages of strip without the 2 annual stories or 269 with those included (making me suspect we might not get those).

From FB it looks like neither Hope nor Bec and Kawl will be making the cut. I think the former is probably an awkward page count with the 3rd longer arc. And I suspect no one will be that disappointed about the lack of Bec and Kawl, I'm certainly not anyway.