Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy Andrew

With the publication of The Horned God as the first edition of this Ultimate Collection I've been taking the opportunity to read through my Slaine collection from the beginning.

I first turned to the Best of 2000ad Monthly for the earlier stories, and somewhere along the line my girlfriend – who is a complete comic refusenik – kept glancing it over my shoulder and I ended up reading the sagas to her. She picked up where I was at with the monthlies, then I turned to the new Horned God collection and thence to the progs.

We were into book 2 of The Book of Invasions when this new Slaine volume became available, so we've taken a break to go back to the start so we can fill her in on the stuff she missed before she jumped aboard.

Heavens to Bestsy if there aren't some stories – one off episodes and such – that I'd never read before! This is the very definition of value for money for this old Squax.

metcalfecarr

Has anyone else who's received the Slaine issue got one with the inner pages upside down and back to front?
Dave Metcalfe-Carr

sintec

Looks like Hachette have failed to take an April payment.  That doesn't bode well for getting 17 & 18 any time soon.  And given their "only 1 payment per month", I think it makes further slippage almost inevitable :(

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 01 May, 2018, 08:18:27 AM
Looks like Hachette have failed to take an April payment.  That doesn't bode well for getting 17 & 18 any time soon.  And given their "only 1 payment per month", I think it makes further slippage almost inevitable :(
If you're talking about the online portal, yes I've been looking at that too. Last time the entry appeared on the Tuesday (ie today) but was backdated to the previous Friday. I am still holding out hope it will appear soon and we will get the books in the next seven days.

moldovangerbil

Same here.  I've sent a couple of messages via facebook asking what's going on but they've fallen into the void.

IndigoPrime

Likewise. I'll report back if/when I hear anything. We're already a month behind where we should be. I know some people here are fine with getting the books whenever, but I'm not going to be happy if we fall further behind, and end up getting books after the next set starts appearing in stores.

Tomwe

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 01 May, 2018, 09:27:42 AM
Same here.  I've sent a couple of messages via facebook asking what's going on but they've fallen into the void.

reply to my FB message confirms last Friday as dispatch date for 15 & 16 so that's as expected.

IndigoPrime

QuotePlease note that your issues were despatched on 27/04/2018 and are currently in-transit.

sintec

IndigoPrime; are you expecting 15 & 16 or 17 & 18?

IndigoPrime

Expecting: 17/18. Who knows what I'll actually get though?

sintec

Here's hoping my order is in a similar state then as that's what I'm waiting on too.  Would be nice to have some new books to read over the bank holiday weekend.

abelardsnazz

I hadn't really picked up before how complete Slaine and the setting were from the start - the character's backstory, world, relationship with Ukko etc, all well in place from the word go. Also loved the contrasting art styles and the planting of story seeds that are still bearing fruit. Looking forward to seeing the stories progress, appreciate that opinions haven't been too complimentary about the later ones, thoughts on those to be shared when they appear.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz