Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Woolly

Fantastic run of books there.
Surprised to see Kenny Who? collection here, and not in the Dredd collection, but I ain't complaining!

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tjm86 on 02 May, 2018, 06:31:03 PM
Fan of the Moody Blues then?

Trying to think of a Knights in White Satin joke.... Struggling.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Woolly on 02 May, 2018, 06:36:16 PM
Surprised to see Kenny Who? collection here, and not in the Dredd collection, but I ain't complaining!

Fan of Status Quo then?

Woolly

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 02 May, 2018, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly on 02 May, 2018, 06:36:16 PM

Fan of Status Quo then?

I'm fond of 'em, but they go on and on and on and on and on...  ;)

sintec

Quote from: Tomwe on 01 May, 2018, 09:21:30 AM
If you're talking about the online portal, yes I've been looking at that too. Last time the entry appeared on the Tuesday (ie today) but was backdated to the previous Friday. I am still holding out hope it will appear soon and we will get the books in the next seven days.

Payment just appeared on mine dated 27/4 so it's clearly not the most up to date info.  That also aligns with dates others gave for despatch.  Delivery in time for the weekend could still happen.

That does look like a cracking run coming up.  Not sure Ace Trucking will be my thing and don't really know much about Meltdown Man but everything else looks awesome.  We've got Vol 3 of Dante and Vol 2 of Strontium Dog to come before those too, I've been looking forwards to those.

Mattofthespurs

Delighted that Ace Trucking is in there as the 'phone book' style volume one has been out of print for ages and commands some hefty prices.

The rest all look sweet too.

Tomwe

Online portal now listing the next shipment, dated last friday. Also included with the books is a 'letter special', hopefully some kind of apology for the late books!

Davgardo

Quote from: Magnetica on 29 April, 2018, 02:30:55 PM

Quote from: Mardroid on 29 April, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Angela Kincaid's version of Slaine was great right from the beginning. A shame she didn't stick around for other stories, but I don't say that as a criticism of the other artists. They were all good.
My understanding was one of the reasons for this was she took an extra ordinarily long time to draw this episode. Something like a year and a half. But she is rightly lauded, especially by Pat (her husband at the time) for having the defined the look of Slaine and his world, all in that single episode.

I think what actually happened was the editorial staff kept asking her to re-draw stuff. As an inexperienced comic artist brought in at Pat's recommendation, they insisted on a lot of changes before they were satisfied. This in turn caused a huge delay in the strip making its debut. In the meantime McMahon had drawn nearly all his stuff which is why Cam Kennedy ended up drawing all the Sky Chariots covers as Mick had moved on to other things. Similarly, the fab McM painting used on the Titan Slaine 1, Warrior's Dawn and this release was done before Slaine appeared in 2000Ad and was used to promote the strip's launch as some Comic Con type thing - much to Pat Mills' annoyance.

Steve Green

Robin Smith according to the intro.

I thought it was slightly odd that Robin basically told Brian the layout for the Block Mania wraparound (printed in one of the annuals) - seems a bit like teaching your granny to suck eggs.

Arkady

Quote from: Tomwe on 03 May, 2018, 10:11:10 AM
Online portal now listing the next shipment, dated last friday. Also included with the books is a 'letter special', hopefully some kind of apology for the late books!

Me too. 17, 18, and the sketchbook. No sign of the covers volume.

Qwertyburger

I just checked my Hachette Online portal and it lists 2000 ad Special 1 at £14.99 along with the Letter Special 1. So I'm guessing that's the Covers Special, fingers crossed anyway. They were sent on the 27th April so fingers crossed they'll be here soon.

Timothy

Is the letter special a collection of letters to Tharg from across the years. Has the beast been told?

sintec

No Special 1 listed on mine :(

Sketchbook is listed though.  Chaos and inconsistency still reign.

moldovangerbil

17, 18 and sketchbook for me.  No sign of the covers special.  PM sent on facebook.  Confusing response expected.