Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

This arrived from Wake today :-D  I have been looking for a Henry Flint page for a few months and could not resist this one.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 June, 2013, 12:46:42 PM
What's better than one piece of Dredd art turning up? Two pieces turning up, of course!  ;)

Dredd by McCarthy

Dredd by his Daddy

My vote goes to Daddy, but its like choosing favourite children  :D

And nice bit of Mr Flint you have there, Skullmo. The detail in the main panel! As a returning Squaxx, I've missed a lot of stories, so haven't come across Deadlock yet (if I read the text at the bottom of the page right). Who is the character in that main panel?

Simon Beigh

Seeing as teasing is in vogue on this thread, I have just paid for a recent cover (published in the last year or so), and it will be despatched the middle of next week. I liked it when I first saw it on the comic, as did my 9 year old, so we agreed we would try and bag it if we could. And bag it we did! :)

Link Prime

Very nice Deadlock page there Jacob, as you know one I contemplated myself.
My Dredd Henry Flint page should be arriving from Wake this Monday...will post a pic when it arrives.

Hawkmumbler

Cant go wrong with Flint and Deadlock.

Spikes

Aye, that's a cracker of a page Skullmo - no doubt about that.
And looking forward to seeing your page being posted on here Link.

Colin YNWA

Very often I think that if I post some of the purchases I make, folk here will sigh at the small scale of my little purchases (not really of course, but its the best way to express the 'level' of purchase I'm able to make.)

This time however I couldn't be more proud of what I think is a page that the very definition of Red Seas, one of my all time favourite series from the Prog. Small purchase, BIG LOVE (or something silly like that)

I'm so happy with my two latest buys (the other is over on the non 2000ad art thread) that I've finally put my 'bottom end' buys up on a CAF Gallery. If you want to see how the other half lives.

http://cafurl.com?i=19965

Hawkmumbler

That's one of my favourate scene's from Red Sea's and the one I think of when ever reflecting on the series. Your a lucky man Colin, savour it. And dibs when you get bored of it. :P

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 June, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
Very often I think that if I post some of the purchases I make, folk here will sigh at the small scale of my little purchases (not really of course, but its the best way to express the 'level' of purchase I'm able to make.)

This time however I couldn't be more proud of what I think is a page that the very definition of Red Seas, one of my all time favourite series from the Prog. Small purchase, BIG LOVE (or something silly like that)

Well, Colin.....
I think you are doing yourself,  and your collection 'down' here..... :D
I think that you really have some really good pages on your site......And as you have said here and on previous posts......Red Seas is one of your favourites,  and now you own a page !!...That's what it's all about !!....
To finally get something that means a great deal to you....It's not about the budget.....it's about the 'art'....
And you've got some great stuff there !!....
For me, I'm not a 'fan' of Red Seas...BUT......your PJ Holden commission is wonderful ( something special to you and a dammed fine piece of artwork ) ,  and your Henry Flint page is incredible....
Cheers
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 08 June, 2013, 11:57:52 PM

To finally get something that means a great deal to you....It's not about the budget.....it's about the 'art'....

I'm in total agreement with Bob on this. I'm also in total agreement with Bob that the Henry Flint Colin has is incredible. I've just spent a good few minutes looking at each frame. Lovely.

I'm pretty new to this world, and my budget isn't huge (although I sold a valuable Nirvana record on eBay recently that added a large amount to the art pot so a few new pieces are on there way). I'm buying what makes me smile, or go "wow", or kicks off a memory from years ago.

Small purchase, BIG love - couldn't agree more. And I have two pieces in particular that are on the way that cost less than £30 each which fall squarely into that category... I probably wasn't going to post them here, but defo will now, coz I like them very much :)

While I'm thinking this out, big shout out to Judge Jack, hippynumber1 and fatboydale who have been helping me with valuations, expectations (like: "um, sorry SB, but I think you might find Brian Bolland Dredd a little expensive") and generally being helpful when I needed it. Cheers guys.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SimeonB on 09 June, 2013, 07:22:42 AM

While I'm thinking this out, big shout out to Judge Jack, hippynumber1 and fatboydale who have been helping me with valuations, expectations (like: "um, sorry SB, but I think you might find Brian Bolland Dredd a little expensive") and generally being helpful when I needed it. Cheers guys.

Yeah good call, those folk and Ming, SteveMiller and Wake, as well as others have been a great help in me getting my collection going... though maybe I should be cursing them? Funny someone should mention selling records. As we head towards moving house I'm looking at my vinyl collection and thinking very seriously about how much chance I get to listen to my records these days and wondering whether they should go. If they do I know where the money is going!

Simon Beigh

Yeah, can't forget Wake, provider of my first piece, my fab Ron Smith. Wake - curse you and your lovely artwork that sings to me on a regular basis  :lol:

I'm selling the lot Colin, and shoving it all into the artwork fund. 3 boxes to sort through. I prefer the artwork to a stack of vinyl I will never look at or listen to again (I bought it all on CD again anyway!). The rest of it probably isn't worth much, but every little helps!

SKD

Smashing Deadlock page Skullmo and the Red Sea's page is excellent Colin_YNWA. The pen & brush work is fantastic.

I've got some old Chris de Burgh vinyl that I'd grudgingly part with to finance some original art. It's not been signed or defaced in any way. Any offerers?

I do own two pages of comic art, both bought well over twenty years ago and costing me far more than I could afford (or should I say more money than I had in the world) at the time. A 'Classic X-Men' back cover by John Bolton and a page from the prog by some chap called McMahon. I love them both dearly.

I'll have to try and get a decent photo of them to post some day.

Stew.     

hippynumber1

Be careful when flaunting your McMahon page, Judge Jack may very well eat your face off to add it to his collection!

SKD

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 June, 2013, 09:28:27 AM
Be careful when flaunting your McMahon page, Judge Jack may very well eat your face off to add it to his collection!

Add my face to his collection. :o 

Oh! ... the page. ;)

Stew.