Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

A while ago Tordelback (I think it was, sorry if I'm miss remembering there) mentioned how great the dinosaur sequence was from 'The Hollow Land', at the time I was on my way to buying this as I really couldn't agree more.

Colin YNWA

Well you can't have enough Erebus can you. Also from 'The Hollow Land'

Colin YNWA

I've a lot to say about this page in reaction to some of the negative comments made about Steve Yeowell's art from the Red Seas finale. So for now I'll leave it here, the first page from 'Fire across the deep' in all its epic glory and let people decide for themselves (as people always will with art of course).

Colin YNWA

Last one, I'm sure many are glad to hear. Jack reveals his play and Hoorrraaahhh it Erebus with Augustus and Newton astride. Just magnificent.

Spikes

Great set of pages Colin, congrats on snagging them!
A few folks had a moan at Steve's art on this, didnt they? But not me. Lovely stuff, which rather strangely, looks even more tasty, presented here in their original form.

Simon Beigh

Good stuff, Colin. Not familiar with the story, but do like the artwork!

malak brood

Top stuff Colin, super nice pages, congrats!

Fatboydale

Lovely Red sea's artwork , nice one Colin....

Found a complete Cadet story  by Colin MacNeil

opaque

I love the way you can 'find' a complete story ;)

seanharry

As a teenage in the 80's, I saved up all my money to turn my bedroom into a comic art gallery.

This was the first page that I bought, from Bad Company by Brett Ewins.

I liked the series so much that I got another page from it:

I saved up to by the cover with Thrax saying "Your Dead Kano!". Sadly it was sold by time I had the necessary groats, so I grabbed this ABC Warriors cover by Mike McMahon instead.

Another by Mike McMahon, this time from Ro-Busters:

And of course, what collection could be complete without a page of Rogue Trooper by Cam Kennedy?

seanharry

I also got myself a few pages of Dredd.

This is my favourite piece of comic art, by Steve Dillon.

I so wanted a piece by Bryan Talbot from Nemesis or Luther Arkright, but was never able to find one. So I got myself this colour page instead from the Dredd Annual:

A page by Gary "Marvelman" Leach featuring Chopper.

Skullmo

I look away for 5 minutes and amazing things happen!!

Sean -  welcome to the kidney-less obsessives corner of the forum - those are some really really amazing pages!!! That cover is stunning!

Colin - I love Steve's stuff and those are great pieces of his art. Well don on getting those!

Dale - A great story you have there!

And I am not sure I ever posted these, but if I did apologies!

It's a joke. I was joking.

seanharry

OK, this isn't from 2000AD, it'd from Starlord. But I think that all 2000AD readers will appreciate this page:

This is from Warrior issue 1, by Steve Dillion from Laser Eraser & Pressbutton. When will this fabulous series be collected into a graphic novel?

More Steve Dillion on Axel Pressbutton, from the first issue of the US Eclipse series:

Art by Jim Baike from the excellent but little heard of DC series, Electric Warrior:

My favourite comic book character was Dr Doom. I picked this up for £2!

A nice classic X-Men piece, but I have no idea who it's by or were it appeared. Any help?

Fatboydale

seanharry Wow ......welcome ... and hold on your inbox is going to be full shortly ..... lol

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.