Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

One of my favourite pages from Bad Company there! It brings back fond memories!

Lovely Day of Chaos pages - I'll say it again, art looks better in black and white!

And that Bizley is as usual amazing! No wonder everyone wanted to copy him!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 04 September, 2013, 08:17:07 PM
There's seven (!) more as soon as I get round to scanning 'em!

Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
Ihateyougreg
It's a joke. I was joking.

Greg M.

That's better. I felt you weren't hating me proportionately enough in your previous post.

Graff Vynda K

I LOVE you, Greg.

Can I have some of your art, now?

(That Bad Company page is absolutely stunning; good pick up!)

Colin YNWA

If I were going a Bad Company page without Kano in it would without doubt be that one Greg, there ain't many with Kano in that are better. Its quite brilliant. Knowing that a BC fan you are that must have a very special place in your heart.

Greg M.

Cheers, lads. You're right, Colin, it's an absolute blinder, and the climax of my favourite story - there's no way I could pass up on the chance to get my grubby mitts on this glorious page. As for your request, Graff... let's see, what does Dale usually say when he gets asked for free art? Oh yeah, I remember - NO. ;) Mind you, I don't know if anyone's tried telling him they love him yet....

Or alternately: will always consider trading some non-Bad Co. stuff for more Bad Co. Monomaniacal? Me? :)

Simon Beigh

Now I see why you were skint, Greg! Nice snag, sir, and I suspect you owe that lovely Mr Brood a pint or two or three... Weren't there 8 in total ;)

Greg M.

Quote from: SimeonB on 04 September, 2013, 09:08:44 PM
Weren't there 8 in total ;)

There are indeed 8 of the beauties. Will scan 'em in over the next few days (not going to stick 'em all up here though, don't want to bore folk!), though the undoubtedly lovely Mr. Brood still has 'em up in his 'Gone But Not Forgotten...' gallery on CAF if anyone wants to see what all I snagged.

Spikes

Now, I have many reasons to love the DoC. Not least because it changed me from Trade waiting to Prog buying.
(And this particular page is all thanks to my new BFF, and fellow DoC aficionado Simeon - Cheers, S!)

"We're too late"

The title page from the sixth, and pivotal part of the Assassination list, by the wonderful Mr Leigh Gallagher.

And a page thats heavy with symbolism; Judges standing around fearing the worst and looking impotent, Dredd refusing to give up the fight, but still ends up half dead - and on his knees.
And the realisation that chances (Hennessy's predictions) were squandered, or not given enough weight until it was too late. The truth may be more unsettling - they was always two steps behind, and in effect powerless.

Epic, epic stuff from the GGC.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 September, 2013, 07:22:02 PM
Stunning page, and one id have been very happy with, indeed.
And a pivotal moment from the DoC, to boot!  - We discussed all these points, and more, at length, so you'll know all this!

Just quoting to save me typing it out :D

It's a great page...but I fear our little mission is soon to be over :( Still it's been fun tracking these DoC pages down!

Link Prime

Outstanding stuff today guys- although my Heart belongs to that too Krool for school page Greg posted.
Epic page, love that story so much, and am happy a genuine aficionado has it in his collection.

Sideshow Bob

Yes, agree totally Link...

It's always nice to know that a 'true' collector has snagged a piece and that he's going to keep it for his own enjoyment...
It 'kind of' takes the pain away from missing it yourself.....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Graff Vynda K

Re-scanned this for CAF. Doesn't want to load right now, so here it is here for now...Kev O'Neill 1985, done in ink and markers; fresh as the day it was drawn. He's a fabulous colourist, something i only realised when I saw his work on Marshal Law.

First time posting an image. Not too big, I hope? (snurk, fnarr fnarr, etc etc).

SuperSurfer

Love it, Graff Vynda K. O'Neill was firing on all cylinders in that era of Nemesis – some of my favourite ever artwork that graced the hallowed pages of 2000AD. 

Call-Me-Kenneth

That O'Neill nemesis/Torquemada 1985 annual contents page is a really exquisite piece. Lovely.

Ps: whatever could you mean Dale?   ::)