Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Rather pleased with this little purchase :)

maryanddavid

Link Prime

A gorgeous piece, Mike.

Davis is such a great fit for Slaine. Long may he continue.

Colin YNWA

Well that's a bit special.

Not fair that droids get to get art as well, I mean they must get to see it first and call dibs... not that I could afford it (though Mr Davis' rates are very, very good for what you get - its just that I'm on an art diet at the moment while doing home decoration - sigh), its bloody lovely ... just I'm bitter and tired and want to throw pointless and mean spirited snark at someone lucky enough to own such a lovely piece...

...so very old...

...so very tired...

...so very bitter.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 July, 2015, 04:57:46 PM
Well that's a bit special.

Not fair that droids get to get art as well, I mean they must get to see it first and call dibs... not that I could afford it (though Mr Davis' rates are very, very good for what you get - its just that I'm on an art diet at the moment while doing home decoration - sigh), its bloody lovely ... just I'm bitter and tired and want to throw pointless and mean spirited snark at someone lucky enough to own such a lovely piece...

...so very old...

...so very tired...

...so very bitter.

To paraphrase: 'I didn't think it was physically possible but being on an art diet both blows and sucks.' I feel your pain Colin and fantastic piece there Mr Molcher!

Geoff

Beautiful piece there by Davis and that Ezquerra Dredd from SDCC packs a real punch!

Spikes

Yep, that Davis piece is summat special. This has got to be his best art ever. Lovely stuff.
And a cracking piece there, Skullmo. Always grand to see more new stuff from the master.

And talking of 'art diets', mine appears to have come to an end. Not that I particularly wanted to go on one in the first place...

But a page I've had my eye on for a number of years, and watched as it changed hands a few times, is now mine.

Geoff

That's blinding! Great page, lots of Dredd and that last panel is a classic in itself. 

Skullmo

Great to see more activity on this thread!

That Davis cover is gorgeous - I was very very tempted by that. A modern classic.

And that is a classic Apocalypse page - the wagging finger of justice!

I am not sure if I ever posted these here:

It's a joke. I was joking.

Molch-R

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 July, 2015, 04:57:46 PM
Not fair that droids get to get art as well, I mean they must get to see it first and call dibs...

Ha! Only with Si's stuff, as he's now the only artist who still hand delivers his work to the Nerve Centre. It's been a real treat over the last year with him and Greg bringing their pages in. Saw this, couldn't resist :)

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 July, 2015, 10:57:09 AM

I am not sure if I ever posted these here:

Eh, no. Love the fact that these are part of your 'afterthought' collection!  :lol:

Lovely vintage Ezquerra there Iain- a keeper.

Greg M.

I am not sure if I ever posted these here

Cor - an Indigo Prime cover! Fantastic bit of Weston.

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 22 July, 2015, 03:23:26 PM

I am not sure if I ever posted these here

Cor - an Indigo Prime cover! Fantastic bit of Weston.

Yes, I was most pleased to get this one. It even comes with a note from Chris suggesting the cover tag line! A very creative gent.
It's a joke. I was joking.

J.Smith

Thought this would be the best place to post this until the book itself gets its own dedicated thread, but in their latest YouTube channel video, Molcher and Richardson present us with a good wee look at the Zenith: Apex Edition and it looks glorious.

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 July, 2015, 11:36:32 AM
Lovely vintage Ezquerra there Iain - a keeper.

Cheers Rich. Yes, a keeper this one. Been doing a bit of pruning to my collection, so Ive let a few pieces go, whilst being able to add a grail page, plus others.
May be letting a few more pieces go. If so, I'll post them up somewhere on the forum.

About time you posted this up. Very nice indeed.
Wasn't there additional pieces of art that went with this?
You'll have to use your skills, and merge them all together.