Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Good memory - there was indeed

It's a joke. I was joking.

Geoff

Spikes, if you ever think of pruning that double page with the burning Rad-Sweepers and the massive Lawmaster - do let me know! :D 

Spikes

Quote from: Geoff on 26 July, 2015, 03:54:10 PM
Spikes, if you ever think of pruning that double page with the burning Rad-Sweepers and the massive Lawmaster - do let me know! :D

I had given it some thought, and at one point it was all set to go....

We shall see. Wont be cheap, mind.

maryanddavid

I have the following in a folder, and I'm unlikely to ever display them, it a shame to have them sitting there. If anyone is interested PM me.
The five page future shock Im not to bothered at selling, as its Bradbury. I would consider a swop for some of his other art though from Eagle, Scream or Battle etc.

Two Ron Smith Dail Star, one from 95 the other no date, but the copyright is Egmont Fleetway, so probably 96.

A full Metro Dredd by Inaki Miranda, (Inked by Eva De La Cruz?)  Published in  Metro newspaper, 2004.

I bought this Gibson piece as an original piece years ago, but I am 99% its a bromide, Wagner, Grant and Gibson have signed, and it was used in the prog(619), pictured is the back as well.

Bradbury five Future shock, from prog 221, as said not to fussed on selling, but would consider swop for his work from other British comics.

hippynumber1

maryanddavid

There now! The Gibson one is a bit blurry, didn't look that way when I took it! If anyone is interested I can take another.

hippynumber1

Ooooo, those Bradbury pages are lovely!

Spikes

Quote from: maryanddavid on 27 July, 2015, 05:12:55 PM
I bought this Gibson piece as an original piece years ago, but I am 99% its a bromide, Wagner, Grant and Gibson have signed, and it was used in the prog(619), pictured is the back as well.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but would they have stamped the page on the back (as they do with original art) if it was a bromide?

Skullmo

This look alike a collection of reprinted daily strips - they would have made a bromide of them I assume to fit the page size of the Prog.

Although it is hard to tell with such a bad photo - they may just be cut and pasted
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Direct from Mr Burns himself, and all set up by Wiggz.

Joe, Babs and Hilda - along with a cracking bit of graffiti....

Link Prime

Quote from: Spikes on 23 August, 2015, 12:39:07 PM
Direct from Mr Burns himself, and all set up by Wiggz.

Joe, Babs and Hilda - along with a cracking bit of graffiti....

Easy to forget just how long the Burns Droid has been contributing to 2000AD sometimes.
A fine piece.

Geoff

Would have liked to have posted these up here first, but always had a problem uploading images on this site so here are the links..

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1253334

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1253355

Colin YNWA

Well that second one is a little bit special. Not that the Carlos double page spread is to be sniffed at, but made you should have made a bit more of  fanfare!

shaolin_monkey

I picked up this Henry Flint page the other day: