Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Met the lovely Mr. Steve Yeowell at ICE in Birmingham yesterday and he kindly sold me the following. His pencils are so light and delicate that I've had to mess with levels and contrast on the scan so they can be seen (sorry Steve). It's page 3 of part 3 of DeMarco, PI: Déjà-vû written by Michael Carroll. Great work from both. I'll post inks tomorrow...

Eternicus

Probably the earliest piece I have - originally from prog 34 (and then reprinted in 351)
from the magnificent McMahon

Geoff

Spikes

Tis a thing of real beauty alright. Always super nice to see any McMahon pop up online.
And great to know that this stuff is still out there. Please post owt else you may have - new blood is always welcome on here!

And lovely to see those pencils Mark, I cant get mine to show up though  :(

Greg M.

Nemesis Bk V page bought off eBay - my first Talbot, no less:

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

hippynumber1

As promised: inked Yeowell DeMarco, PI

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 07 September, 2015, 09:09:49 PM

A gorgeous vintage Talbot there Greg, his work on Nemesis is a personal favourite.
I had a bid on this, but ducked out early- needed some ready cash for an impromptu September holiday.
It went for a great price in the end too, so congrats on a great snag.

Geoff

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 September, 2015, 01:01:03 PM
Quote from: Greg M. on 07 September, 2015, 09:09:49 PM

A gorgeous vintage Talbot there Greg, his work on Nemesis is a personal favourite.
I had a bid on this, but ducked out early- needed some ready cash for an impromptu September holiday.
It went for a great price in the end too, so congrats on a great snag.

Yep, I was very tempted myself, his work on Nemesis is superb, but after recent purchases, exercised restraint - it's a lovely piece, nice one!

Spikes

Managed to snag a couple of pages whilst at ICE at the weekend.
This one was direct from the masterful David Roach. Judge Dredd 'Beyond the Alley of the Ultra-Vixens' from the 1990 J.D Mega-Special

The lettering is on a transparent overlay.

Geoff

Very nice - Mr Roach has such an elegant line.

hippynumber1

David Lloyd has hardly done any work for The House of Tharg so I was very pleased when I won this page from Slaine: Cauldron of Blood, which appeared in Dice Man #1

Spikes

Justice Department tries a bit of shock and awe..

Eternicus

A bit of Mr Gibson's Robo Hunter
from "Farewell my Billions"

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.