Main Menu

Dear Hive Mind....

Started by ukdane, 22 October, 2006, 06:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Totally distraught by the current managerial desicions that have resulted in Liverpool FC loosing so many games this season, combined with the knowledge that I KNOW I could do better, I'm looking for a PC version of a football managerial game. Any suggestions?
Cheers

-Daney

The Enigmatic Dr X

Football Manager 2006 or 2007 (out just last week). There is no alternative.

Both have the same basic engine. 2006 is easier, 2007 more up to date and prettier - although both look like spreadsheets.

I play these games too often; I've even taken two days off to play 2007.
Lock up your spoons!

ukdane

Is Football Manager better than Championship Manager?
Cheers

-Daney

Gothmog

Short answer - Yes

Longer answer - The 2006 & 2007 Football Manager games are made by the team who created the Championship Manager games up to CM5 (SI Games) so they're effectively sequels/upgrades under a different name.  

They had a falling out with Eidos and jumped ship but Eidos retained control of the Champ Manager name so SI Games bought the rights to use the name Football Manager instead.

I haven't actually played the Champ Manager games since the new developers took over but reviewers seem to side with Football Manager.

ukdane

Bah, can't download/install demos of either game.
Cheers

-Daney

Rob Spalding

Bolt-01

Can anyone help me get some COLOUR pics of Kid Knee for ref? I've got some at home, but time is a factor here and I'd explain more but it might spoil it...

Bolt-01

Leigh S

Are  there any in the news archive on this site?

Leigh S

scratch that - the sad case is on this very site - go to the thrill viewer!

Leigh S

DavidXBrunt

Bolt-01

I was just coming to say that I'd found that. Cheers chaps!

Bolt-01

The Enigmatic Dr X

I must urge you NOT TO BUY FM 07!!!!

It is fundamentally flawed in my opinion. Player training was altered from the 06 version making it either impossible or just ridiculously difficult to improve young players.

There's a thread on the game's forum ("training bug or what" - see my plaintative postings as Nimeous) with around a many hundreds of posts, and tens of thousands of viewings, highlighting the problem and SI haven't said it will be fixed in patch. By all accounts, it is a fundamental flaw caused by the maths underwriting the training part of the game, which was re-done for this version and will be changed for the next.

Stick with FM06. I have. I traded in 07 for Gears of War.

Link: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4642084852/m/9302026662/p/14" target="_blank">Not very exciting at all, unless you play Football

Lock up your spoons!