Main Menu

Website php/cookie problems

Started by Wake, 18 March, 2002, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

It seems there are still some people who can't receive the full benefits of this website. I've tried lots of different cookie versions but nothing will work for everybody.

Can anyone suggest something else I can try? The current versions are:

Original: setcookie ("2000ADOnline", "$username");  

1: setcookie ("2000ADOnline", "$username", time() + 3600000);  

2: setcookie ("2000ADOnline", "$username", time() + 3600000, "/");  

3: setcookie ("2000ADOnline", "$username", time() + 3600000, "/","www.2000adonline.com");  

4: setcookie ("2000ADOnline", "$username", 0, "/");

5: header ("Set-Cookie: 2000ADOnline=$username; expires=Friday, 01-Jan-2020 00:00:00 GMT; path=/;");

The person currently emailing me for help is using Windows ME with IE 6.0.2600.0000. He has tried all levels of security and privacy settings.

Other quotes:

"My system is windows XP proffesional I have all the latest updates and have set my pc to allow cookies from your sight but still no luck. The firewall that is built into XP is turned on as well."

"Windows 95 + AOL on an old PC, and Cookie type 3 works for me, while all else fails."

"Win ME & the the browser is IE5. it worked on Alt 4"

Wake

Wood

From experience, Windows ME does funny things when IE 6 is installed. I had all sorts of problems with it. Cookies were just one of them.

Wake

...but the same problem. This cry for help comes from someone using Mac OS 9.1 and Netscape Communicator 4.7.

Wake

Rex Gambill

That's the setup I use (Windows ME and IE 6) at home, and every time I try to use this site at home it crashes my computer (not the Blue Screen of Death, just a total system freeze). I assumed it was a Java problem, but the problem persists. Boy, how I wish I could use this site at home!

Rex Gambill

Anemic_Newt

I use Windows ME and Explorer 6.0 and cookie 1 - no problems at all. Not since I raised the issue of problems with the original cookie way back in October/November

Don't lnow why I seem to be different to others, I havn't adjusted settings in Explorer since it installed over version 5.

Wake

The Mac OS problem was user error. He was using his email address instead of his username (though I may edit the scripts to allow this in future).

Wake