Main Menu

RE; NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 9/4/04, THE UNQUIET DEAD...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 09 April, 2005, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...once again, your opions please..

...diddly dee, diddly dee, ooooo-eeee-oooo...

...or should that be another 'o'?...

The Monarch

Still think its the master although the rest of my family (yes they watch it too) think its just a ghost story.

Dudley

Guardian comment:

I think tonight's episode, The Unqiet Dead may be the single best piece of family-oriented entertainment the BBC has braodcast in it's entire history.  It's clever, it's funny, it's exciting, it's moving, it's got shades of Nigel "Quatermass" Kneale about it, it looks fantastic, and in places it's genuinely frightening.  TV doesn't get better than this, ever.

- Charlie Brooker

The Amstor Computer

Heh, good to see Charlie Brooker has finally reined in the hyperbole...

I'm looking forward to tonight's ep, having just watched "Horror of Fang Rock" again. It'll be interesting to see how the two compare, but I've got high hopes for "The Unquiet Dead".

paulvonscott

I've come forward in time to tell you last week's episode was pretty good.

I am looking forward to tonight as well, to be honest, I'm hoping it gets better and better.

Leigh S

I have the feeling that once Joe Ahearne arrives on directing duties with episode 6, the show will hit its stride - though this one should hopefully do the business

Tu-plang

I still maintain that it should have been called 'What the Dickens?!'

Carlsborg Expert

Time Lords trapped souls.

circa late 1800s-1900s.

Shakara

The Gelf....

Couldn't Gatiss make up his own names?

Shakara

paulvonscott

I imediately logged onto the internet to register my approval.

That was great fun.

Carlsborg Expert

Conexus

they won't be having quarry planets apparently

dgsub

It was great because it had some of the new serises  
humor but with a more darker feel to it.It also had zombies and aliens what more do you want.

The Amstor Computer

Shakara - "The Gelth", not "the Gelf". Don't think it's a name that's been used before, and if that's your only complaint...

PVS - ditto. That was a cracking episode. The pacing was much improved, though it would have been great to see it given two episodes to give it room to build tension a bit. SFX were excellent, the acting was marvellous (even though Callow hammed it up something rotten at points) and the hints at the larger story were tantalising (a "Time War"? Interesting...)

Next week looks superb, and the "big bad wolf" comment from the medium seems to foreshadow that (one of the pieces of graffiti in publicity shots for next week's episode says just that, IIRC).

Fantastic :-)