Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

Can't believe it took me this long to pick up that M.A.C.H.0 = "MACHO". Boh! <-- Oops and mentioned on the previous page too. Never mind.

JayzusB.Christ

It's just occurred to me that M.A.C.H. 0 is a play on 'MACHO'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

The Legendary Shark

To me it was always about the Mach scale, Mach 1 being "hyper"sonic - although technically hypersonic relates to speeds above Mach 5 (I didn't know this when I was 11 years old, though, but the idea kinda' stuck).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 January, 2022, 08:16:09 PM

To me it was always about the Mach scale, Mach 1 being "hyper"sonic - although technically hypersonic relates to speeds above Mach 5 (I didn't know this when I was 11 years old, though, but the idea kinda' stuck).

Y'know Sharky, I think you might have just explained the pun.... ;)

norton canes

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: norton canes on 27 January, 2022, 04:07:46 PM
'A mud Gideon'

I spotted that on another thread and only got it now too.  Mind you, it was years before I realised Amoured Gideon was a play on Armageddon.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Now there's a crossover I'm mildly interested in seeing!

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 January, 2022, 12:37:25 PM
Now there's a crossover I'm mildly interested in seeing!

As long as it doesn't end in a dream roleplaying game!

The Corinthian

D'oh! I've only just noticed the obvious Frank Weitz/Clara Weitz connection.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

This may be me feeding my own ego here, and it probably is... anyway, though it didn't occur to me for a year or two, the chief judge of Murphyville may possibly maybe perhaps be called after ME.

When Mike Carroll was a regular poster I suggested that he might rescue the Emerald Isle from the silliness of Garth Ennis's version, and while I'm sure he would have done it anyway being a Dub, he gave the chief judge my surname.

To be fair, it's about the third most common surname in Ireland, but feck it,  I'm going to believe what I choose to believe. My former neighbour Johnny McMonagle (remember our johnnystress?) and his twin made it into a Carroll Dredd as the McMonagle brothers, so... well,  I can always dream.

The Legendary Shark

St. Carlos made me Sharkman.

I'm happy.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Aye, that one's kind of indisputable.  Fair play