Main Menu

Capital Sci-Fi Con - Edinburgh - 27th and 28th Feb

Started by Tiplodocus, 22 February, 2016, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I will be heading along to this to help my little brother out on his Monkeytron Collective stall.  Why not pop by and say hi.

(And buy a Lawgiver styled nerf blaster)

We put together a small collage of what you will see at Capital Sci fi Con 2016!
Movie/Tv Guests, Comic Guests, Movie Cars, Tardis, Daleks, Jabba the Hutt, Speeder Bike, Owls of Harry Potter, Iron Man Display Pod, Thor's Hammer, Stage Talks, Art Tables, How to Draw with Tanya Roberts, Cosplay Competitions, Retro Gaming, Trade Tables, Gerry Anderson Display, Star Wars Edinburgh Invasion Art Exhibit, Costume Groups, Photography Suite, Guest Photoshoots, Guest Signings.
Now tell me you have got your tickets????

On sale until 9pm Sunday 21st of February then on door sales Only!
www.capitalscificon.co.uk
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Might hang off from that and save myself for the:

Dates Confirmed for 26/27 November 2016

We're pleased to announce the dates for the festival, details on what, where, why and how will be announced in the next month. For now, earmark the date. And we look forward to bringing a pure comics events to Edinburgh.

DDT did a job on me

GordonR

Quotewe look forward to bringing a pure comics events to Edinburgh.

Battle lines drawn!

(Emma Beeby, Tom Foster and I, as the Edinburgh contingent of droids, will be doing a 2000AD panel at the April con.)

Proudhuff

Tips no mention of a bar in that list... while Summerhall has a fully functioning PUB!

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

True - but I'll be mostly sober anyway as I'm manning a stall.

GordonR

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 February, 2016, 01:56:47 PM
Tips no mention of a bar in that list... while Summerhall has a fully functioning PUB!

Given that the Summerhall con completely failed to happen last year, without any public explanation for its sudden lack of news, I'd hold off on the my con's better than your con stuff.

Still a long time till November.

Proudhuff

Fair point well made, however I claim no responsibility, ownership or indeed loyalty to either.
Its only my dislike of Meadowbank complex that puts me off the earlier gig. and for the latter if one of my cunning plans comes off, I may well have left oor fair toon by then!
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Well that was great.

Meadowbank layout was good with three halls for different stuff (though the panel talks could have done with been isolated).

I was force-shamed by Dave Prowse himself.   I was trying to prove my geek credentials by asking him about other films and tv shows he had done.  I mentioned the Sinbad movie and he corrected me to say "That was actually peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)". 

I have had my geek card removed and have to report for re-programming.  And I felt a curious choking sensation at my throat as he corrected me...

Ghost MacRoth

Yep, a fun weekend, and knowing every penny of profit went to charity made it that much more enjoyable. Some great costumes on the go as well as the events, guests and activities.  Brilliant stuff from Keith Armour getting this on the go.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Tiplodocus

Oh yeah - I spotted you chatting to Alex (who I briefly caught up with) but by the time I went looking for you, I couldn't find you - apologies.

There was an armoured Batman costume there on Sunday. I'd have loved to see that in the flesh.

Ghost MacRoth

Yeah, was bouncing about from hall to hall a lot....between meeting folk I know, stopping for folks pics, and asking for a few myself it was a busy wee convention! The Armoured Batman was pretty damn good I agree, especially as it was just a foam matting build.  Next time Tips! ;)

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!