Main Menu

The Dream Warriors

Started by richerthanyou, 04 March, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Thanks chaps, just thought I would share what worked for me, the 5am black dog are not to be sneezed at, still hopefully in a better place just now just in time to see the country go down the tubes  :-X
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

I had one of those dangerously mundane dreams last night that's going to haunt me for days to come. It was simply me talking to somebody (I don't know who) about how I took a visit to Poland last year to visit an old flame - the last woman I ever truly loved.

It was almost like a memory and made me think, briefly, that this wonderful trip actually happened. It's been a long time since I had a proper girlfriend and this dream has made me realise how soul-achingly lonely I've been for the last decade and more.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

aw Shark, sorry to hear that.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Ah, it's not so bad, really, and I always was a bit of a loner - which has its own compensations. Also, thanks for the you-know-what ;-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

I feel your pain, Sharky. Been twelve years for me. A combination of chronic anxiety, social cluelessness and looking like you could haunt houses for a living will do that, I guess.  :)

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 September, 2019, 02:36:09 PM
Ah, it's not so bad, really, and I always was a bit of a loner - which has its own compensations. Also, thanks for the you-know-what ;-)

:D :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

There I was, roaming a globally-warmed apocalyptic  landscape full of filthy, ragged survivors led by brutal gang leaders, with huge, shiny, black (I presume) global government trucks occasionally driving through in convoys to throw out packaged food for the famine-stricken wretches to fight over in the mud.

Not cool, subconscious. Left me proper uneasy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

I woke this morning excited to read the next installment of Apes Assemble!,  the Trifecta-style crossover about Chimpsky, Heston, Travis Perkins and Krong (yes,  Krong, I know)  joining forces to fight crime after yet another mysterious virus incapacitates the Judges. It was only as I pondered why Travis was still alive that the penny dropped.

Ah well, probably for the best.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 May, 2020, 09:02:31 AM
I woke this morning excited to read the next installment of Apes Assemble!,  the Trifecta-style crossover about Chimpsky, Heston, Travis Perkins and Krong (yes,  Krong, I know)  joining forces to fight crime after yet another mysterious virus incapacitates the Judges. It was only as I pondered why Travis was still alive that the penny dropped.

Your subconscious has written a better Dredd than every Millar and Dredd tale ever.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Damned with faint praise indeed!  I'm a bit annoyed with Morpheus for not including Max's pal Vito, TBH.

I, Cosh

Blimey. You're pushing Mr YNWA's buttons there and no mistake.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 May, 2020, 09:02:31 AM

Is that the original Krong or the one that appeared on the ape island story a year or two back?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 May, 2020, 03:20:34 PM
Blimey. You're pushing Mr YNWA's buttons there and no mistake.

The only way this could be more for me is if they travelled back in time to battle Old One Eye and her kin.

Just make it happen. NOW!

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 25 May, 2020, 03:25:00 PM
Is that the original Krong or the one that appeared on the ape island story a year or two back?

Original robo-Krong, specifically the image from the cover of Prog 5ish. Although in the dream he was a bit muddled up with the Great Grape Ape. I'll stop now, I hate to see Colin all hot and bothered.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 May, 2020, 02:21:58 PM
Damned with faint praise indeed!  I'm a bit annoyed with Morpheus for not including Max's pal Vito, TBH.

Oops! Meant to say every Millar and Ennis Dredd ever. Ennis had a few half-decent-but-not-great ones, but yours tops them all.