Main Menu

It's a bit warm/ wet/ cold outside

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 24 July, 2019, 09:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Don't worry, because the Tories are turning the British Rail logo green. That'll stop climate change!

Funt Solo

Painting coal green might be the solution!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Why almost all coal was made at the same time - eventually segues into why we should be planting more trees.

Talking of segues...

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

Hi folks - long time no see!

I've been lurking/posting a lot on social media/studying/building a staff engagement plan on climate for approx 7000 employes, so have been a bit busy.   :D  I have been lurking though.

I recalled this thread, and wondered if you'd be interested in a podcast called The Great Derelict, where I am a guest on an episode.  It covers science fiction broadly, and of course Dredd and 2000AD have come a up. 

Anyway, I'm in this particular episode, where we discuss science fiction and where climate change, or the effects thereof, have been the focus of the story or alluded to somehow. 

It's a fun listen (mostly), and I was honoured to share the spot with Kit Rackley, a geologist who has studied under some of my climate science heroes.

Link to the general site here, but also available on Apple podcasts etc:

https://greatderelict.libsyn.com/climate-change-in-science-fiction

(PS - I hope you enjoyed our look at Portrait of a Mutant on Eammon's MCBC)

Funt Solo

Welcome back - you must be pleased to see that while you've been away the climate crisis has been fixed and now there's nothing to worry about. [cue manic laughter]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

I go away for a few days and there's loads of podcasts to catch up on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Well, that's your choice - if you think that a person being wrong on one thing makes him wrong on everything then I guess you wouldn't listen to anyone.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Funt Solo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 June, 2023, 03:06:31 PMYeeeaaahhhh might not want to listen to what this capitalist shill has to say on anything at all, really.

QuoteMoore told Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of [glyphosate]" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused

QuoteMoore has claimed that climate change activist Greta Thunberg is "Evil"

QuoteMoore has earned his living since the early 1990s primarily by consulting for, and publicly speaking for, a wide variety of corporations and lobby groups such as the Nuclear Energy Institute.

Woah! The climate change denial dollar! That's a BIG dollar!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

The glyphosate debacle was about the, even at the time fairly well documented, accusations leveled that said chemical was highly carcinogenic and was directly linked to a series of cancer cases in both industrial and small scale agricultural farmers.

Not directly associated with his ludicrous history of man-impacted environmental change (not indirectly associated either, I might add) but is the defecto example of how truly unreliable he his.
The coke brothers (who own Monsanto, among other majorly shady mega-corps Moore has grandstanded over the years) are wearing him like a kitchen glove so tightly that the Henson group are worried they'll be spoofed out of the puppet game.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 June, 2023, 02:34:02 PMInterview with Patrick Moore, a founding member of Greenpeace, on Sensible Environmentalism.

A wee rollercoaster of emotions reading this.

1: Patrick Moore? I like that guy from Sky at Night/ Gamesmaster despite his casual chauvanism.

2: Oh wait it's that Patrick Moore. It's a funny coincidence that monacle man and Green Peace man have the same name.

3: Isn't that Patrick moore a bit of a mental case whose opinions reflect whosoe'r is paying him.

4: Yes, it's that guy, my second favourite Patrick Moore, and I don't have very high opinions of Patrick Moores

5: Oh... It's just Shark posting the opinions of difficult to credit cranks again.
You may quote me on that.