Main Menu

The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Started by rogue69, 29 September, 2021, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Ah, fair enough. Still: no spring chicken and past his prime in that gig. Although, again, ROTJ makes me wonder if he ever had a 'prime'.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 January, 2022, 01:41:48 PM
...I think we're supposed to accept it's the burns and scarring from the Sarlacc acid we saw in Ep1 that makes him look older (Temuera Morrison is 61).

Yeah, I think that's why they showed that instead of just putting "somehow Boba Fett returned" in a title scroll. It was good enough for Palpatine in the last movie, but it seems these boys at Disney+ have notions about themselves.
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 January, 2022, 01:41:48 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 January, 2022, 01:09:02 PM
but he's an old fucker now.

Since this takes place in the Mandalorian timeline, it's actually only supposed to be (what?) seven or eight years after RotJ, which took place twenty-odd years after we saw him as a kid in AotC, so he should only be early-to-mid 40s... maybe 50 depending on exactly how old he was meant to be in AotC, and the slightly nebulous timescale between the films of the original trilogy. I think we're supposed to accept it's the burns and scarring from the Sarlacc acid we saw in Ep1 that makes him look older (Temuera Morrison is 61).

Boba was 10 years old during the Battle of Geonosis (Episode II: Attack of the Clones) which takes place 22 years before the Battle of Yavin (A New Hope).  Return of the Jedi is 3 years ABY while Mando and Book of Boba are five years after that.  So Book Boba is canonically forty years old.

The Legendary Shark

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

"Hey Jon - Our lead actor looks like a well chewed Penny Toffee that received 6 months of chemotherapy.
What should we do about it?
Have him take his helmet off in every scene?

Jon?"

Richmond Clements

[spoiler]YOU WERE WEARING YOUR ARMOUR WHEN YOU ESCAPED THE SARLACC! [/spoiler]

The Legendary Shark

[spoiler]If I can get rain dribbling down the inside of my raincoat I'm sure Boba can get sarlacc drool dribbling down the back of his armour! :-D[/spoiler]

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

I had wondered if his bacta tank* was due to something that has yet to happen in the flashback sequences.

* I had to look it up.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 January, 2022, 05:38:19 PM

Oops - now I get it. I suppose he was so out of it when he escaped that he forgot about that.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CalHab

[spoiler]Yeah, that left me very confused. How does he think he got out?[/spoiler]

Otherwise, a welcome improvement on the dire episode last week.

JayzusB.Christ

Never thought of that.  I'm quite enjoying the series, though the Mandalorian set a very high bar and Boba doesn't really get close.  Wonder if we'll ever get to see anywhere but Tatooine?  For a place full of robots, giant slug crimelords, sand dragons and cyborgs, it's all getting a bit provincial and over-familiar for me, and I could do with a bit of interplanetary travel.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 January, 2022, 12:42:25 PM

Never thought of that.  I'm quite enjoying the series, though the Mandalorian set a very high bar and Boba doesn't really get close.  Wonder if we'll ever get to see anywhere but Tatooine?  For a place full of robots, giant slug crimelords, sand dragons and cyborgs, it's all getting a bit provincial and over-familiar for me, and I could do with a bit of interplanetary travel.

I agree. I thought Tatooine was a hide-out but the dirty work was done on other planets.
Lock up your spoons!

Woolly

I'm guessing he forgot - understandable considering when he awoke he'd been made a slave by a supposedly noble group of sand people, and his armour was nowhere to be seen.

I'd rather know just how his spaceship works - how exactly does it manage to hover and turn about just a few meters from the ground, when it's thrusters are fixed in one position?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Woolly on 21 January, 2022, 07:15:06 PM
I'd rather know just how his spaceship works - how exactly does it manage to hover and turn about just a few meters from the ground, when it's thrusters are fixed in one position?

Slave-1's anti-gravity nacelles pivot to manage the hover. The x-wings also have some sort of anti-grav for maneuvering gently out of hangers. As does the Falcon.

Space math!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Woolly

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 January, 2022, 07:27:51 PM
Space math!

Space math.... why did it have to be space math?!*

*Copyright Indiana Jones