Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: The end of the road

Started by broodblik, 08 May, 2022, 07:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

The sideshow vote is no more (for the time being). I am currently just void of ideas so I will resume the sideshow when my "writers" block is resolved. I will close the last few votes this week and hopefully (if any care – and that is fine as well) the sideshow will live on someday.

So long and thank you for all the votes............
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Thanks, broodblik - I haven't had time to partake in all of your sideshows, but even when I was trying to limit myself, some of them dragged me in by the scruff of the neck and screamed "VOTE!" into my trembling visage.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

That's a shame, but entirely understandable, you've burnt through ideas with all the great votes you've run. Fingers crossed the break helps you come up with more, but either way thank you for the fun to date... speaking of which I have one I've not done...

JayzusB.Christ

That's a pity, but fair play, it was very enjoyable while it lasted. Thanks for all your hard work!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

They've been fun!

So...can we vote on your best sideshow vote?

You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Sideshow will be back just have to get more "ideas" what to do next
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Thanks for your efforts broodblik! I've not had time to be on the forum as much lately but have enjoyed voting and watching when I could. I vote for the return of the Sideshow Vote, when you're refreshed.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks for all your hard work, broodblik. Voting's not something I'm usually interested in but these sideshow votes have been pretty cool. Kudos.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

AlexF

for real! I can sympathize with how rapidly these votes eat up ideas.

broodblik

I am almost ready to relaunch the sideshow vote. My plan is to kick it off by the end of the month. Now I am planning of doing something a little bit different.
1.   Firstly, I always tried to keep the votes in-house. How do you feel if I do a few that is not related to the prog/meg/Rebellion related? I just want to do a few of them and will not be the norm
2.   I also want to run a nay yay tourney within the sideshow. This is how it will work:
a.   It will be based very similar to Colin's awesome best of tourney but more related to story arc within a series.
b.   I will choose ten of my favorite series and tell you what my favorite arc is
c.   You will either yay or nay it. With a nay you have to give your view and the alternative arc
d.   For example: I will say my favorite Slaine arc is the "The Brutania Chronicles"
e.   You can then rebuke it by saying no mine is "Slaine the King"
f.   After the qualification round we will have a big top 3 vote of your favorite arcs
3.   I also plan of doing a few controversial votes, but I will limit them

So how ho to you feel about the above otherwise I will keep with the original format?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 15 May, 2022, 09:11:16 AM
I am almost ready to relaunch the sideshow vote. My plan is to kick it off by the end of the month. Now I am planning of doing something a little bit different.
1.   Firstly, I always tried to keep the votes in-house. How do you feel if I do a few that is not related to the prog/meg/Rebellion related? I just want to do a few of them and will not be the norm
2.   I also want to run a nay yay tourney within the sideshow. This is how it will work:
a.   It will be based very similar to Colin's awesome best of tourney but more related to story arc within a series.
b.   I will choose ten of my favorite series and tell you what my favorite arc is
c.   You will either yay or nay it. With a nay you have to give your view and the alternative arc
d.   For example: I will say my favorite Slaine arc is the "The Brutania Chronicles"
e.   You can then rebuke it by saying no mine is "Slaine the King"
f.   After the qualification round we will have a big top 3 vote of your favorite arcs
3.   I also plan of doing a few controversial votes, but I will limit them

So how ho to you feel about the above otherwise I will keep with the original format?

Its your baby do what you like with it. I don't see any reason why you can't mix and match the ideas as suits you and the idea you have in mind. Some might suit some formats, some might suit another.

I think its great to spread beyond Tharg's house - the only caveat with that is making sure the topic is open or close enough to allow enough folks to vote. But as ever play with it and see what you enjoy and what lands.

More importantly YAY! The Sideshows are back - a lot sooner than I expected, excited about that whatever you do as these have been a LOT of fun.

broodblik

I will not try do anything outside most peoples interested on this forum mostly comics, movies, series. For example: "Who is the most awesome rugby team? Naturally the Springboks" will not feature since we already know the answer etc.

O, for the yay or nay mini tourney within the following two arcs already qualified: Strontium Dog The Killing and Judge Dredd Apocalypse War (inc Block Mania)

AlexF

Yes please!
Happy to go beyond the Prog fro the sideshow, loving the idea of cruelly cutting down all your opinions on what the best story arc is for each thrill :)