Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 4 - Ace Garp vs Dan Dare

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 September, 2022, 06:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by Dash Decent

Ace Garp - more info

VS

Dan Dare - more info

What If thrills were drawn together based on number of letters in the their name? Dash Decent suggested this based on letter count but I Iove it as is so much more that binds these two. Crazy Belardinelli art, out there space trekking action. Space Pirates. So much fun!

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 23rd September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

abelardsnazz

rogue69

Magnetica

Dan Dare is undoubtedly a more famous character with a bigger fan base,
but as a 2000AD reader it's no contest: Ace Garp.

Dark Jimbo

I was fully expecting, when I read Ace Trucking Co in the UC for the first time last year, to come away thinking 'Well, perhaps you had to be there.' But no, it's great! No need for nostalgia, or to remember what CB radio was - it's just superb in its own right.
@jamesfeistdraws

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Ace Trucking all the way. I can still quote large chunks of some stories, memorised when I was in short pants.

SBT

Huey2

Funt Solo

"I'll sing you a song and it won't take long, or maybe I won't and it will!"

Ace Trucking Co.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Dan Dare. I just can't be motivated to read more Ace.