Main Menu

which film you gonna see this summer?

Started by Goaty, 29 March, 2007, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

just a question... which you would see, and dont says all! give it a fair!

Spider-man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Grind-House
Transformers
Fanastic Four Rise of the Sliver Surfer
Died Hard 4.0
Harry Potter 5

sorry if i forgot some more....

Mike Carroll

Spider-man 3 - Yay!
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Meh.
Grind-House - Yay!
Transformers - Meh.
Fanastic Four Rise of the Sliver Surfer - Yay!
Died Hard 4.0 - Yay!
Harry Potter 5 - Meh.

I, Cosh

Probably Grind House - although I wish Tarantino would get over himself and make a proper film again.

Die Hard out of a sense of morbid curiosity: can it really be worse than the third one? My mate has for years insisted that any knew entry in the franchise should be called "Die Hard As Fuck."

Not interested in the rest.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Spider-man 3 - definitely
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - maybe on video, but not at the flicks
Grind-House - doubtful
Transformers - maybe on video
Fanastic Four Rise of the Sliver Surfer - no
Died Hard 4.0 - maybe on video
Harry Potter 5 - inevitably, but not because I want to

Buttonman

I will see all the films noted with a varying degree of anticipation. Top of the heap is Grindhouse with Transformers and Potter bringing up the rear. Can't say I enjoyed Potter 1-4 but I do like to keep abreast of the 'event' movies.

I saw a new Spiderman 3 trailer yesterday and it seemed to spoil the entire film! You saw him get the black suit, work out in the black suit, have doubts about the black suit, pull off the black suit while screaming in a bell tower (some clues there) and bit of suit falling on bloke who then grew big Venom like teeth. It was like the Readers' Digest condensed version!

You did forget the Will Smith remake of 'I am Legend' which is out in December, but maybe that was deliberate!

Roger Godpleton

Might see Transformers, but that's it. I haven't seen any Spider-man or Pirates films all the way through. Is this normal?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

"Die Hard out of a sense of morbid curiosity: can it really be worse than the third one?"

Oh I look forward to arguing this one in the pub. Unless by third you meant second. That would be ok.

I'll go and watch grindhouse & spidey.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

I haven't seen any Spider-man or Pirates films all the way through. Is this normal?

I wish I hadn't sat through the whole of Spiderman. It was pish.
We never really die.

Bico

I have a morbid curiousity to see the TMNT movie that I can't quite put into words.
Not bothered about Pirates 3, as I never bothered with 2 after someone pointed out that it had a cliffhanger ending.
Spidey - Meh, but FF4, Silver Surfer looks fun, which is a much-missed element of superhero movies these days with their wangsty emo bullshit dribbling from every frame like a My Chemical Romance music promo - I can't be the only one who thinks most superheroes, because they're driven by personal tragedy, are just a bunch of self-centered pricks who otherwise would just let anyone in need go fuck themselves.  "Boo hoo, me Uncle Ben's dead - NOW I'll help people and pull babies out of burning buildings.  I just didn't feel the need to last week, is all."
Die Hard 4 - didn't even know there was such a thing in the pipeline.  Not enthused.
Transformers and Harry Potter - probably I'll end up babysitting kids at one or both of these, so I don't have any say in the matter.  Potter is inoffensive now that the muppet who directed the first two has surrendered the reins to others, but Transformers will either be good (in a Masters Of The Universe live-action movie way), or bad (in a Masters Of The Universe live-action movie way).  I can see it being devisive, but I think I'm past being too worried either way.

Keef Monkey

Spiderman 3, although I was disappointed by the first 2 in the cinema I enjoyed them a lot more on dvd so looking forward to it.
Die Hard 4 is bound to be entertaining, although I saw a trailer where the title seemed to be "Live Free, Die Hard", which is beyond naff.
Transformers I'll go and see if there's not much else on.
Pirates definately, that might be one to go to with the whole family which is nice.
Of all the big summer movies I'm most interested in Grindhouse, and not bothered at all about Fantastic 4 2(that seems wrong when you type it) or Harry Fuckface Potter.

Bico

I was wondering why Potter never used his middle name much.  Live and learn.

Goaty

D'oh! i forgot about Simpsons Movie!!!

Buttonman

A biggie Summer movie that hasn't been mentioned is 'Evan Almighty' a sequel to 'Bruce Almighty' starring Steve Carell. It sounds like straight to DVD stuff but has the highest budget ever for a comedy - $140 million.

Steve Carell is brilliant in the office but I doubt he has the clout to turn a profit on that investment.

Goaty

oh yeah about Evan Alimighty, hope he wasnt Forced to act in it. just be himself, he can improving...... hope so!

Mr C

Spider-man 3- Nah, think I'll pass. Enjoyed the first because of the whole "look! Spiderman! Swinging about and stuff!" aspect but the second was      far too emo for my delicate tastes.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3- Yup, I'll be seeing this.

Grind-House- Hell yeah! It looks like mental schlock fun.

Transformers- I'm a purist. More commonly known as sad nerd boy. So no, Michael Bay and Spielburg can keep this item.

Fanastic Four Rise of the Sliver Surfer- First was crap, second looks like crap.

Died Hard 4.0- I might do just for a laugh.

Harry Potter 5- I have a grudge against Potter (it's a Worst Witch rip-off, innit?) But I may end up seeing it on DVD at some point. Not at the cinema though.