Main Menu

the trailer at end of Doctor Who...

Started by Goaty, 07 May, 2007, 09:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

if any of you miss it.... love the sinster looks of John Simms there!!!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHNqEHgcSpc&eurl=ht

Goaty

paulvonscott

I can't look.  I think it's perfect casting.  A little bit exploitative, very popular, very good actor, and has some interesting baggage with it.

But I can't watch it.  If I hear it is absolutely fucking brilliant, without reservations, then I may just give in.  

But honestly, I just don't think they have the right stuff to pull it off.  And nobody would be more happy to be proved wrong than myself.

Noisybast

Y'know, I'm wondering if the whole "Master" thing is a big red herring. I've just watched David Tennant's interview on Parkinson, and he makes it sound like it's not going to be quite that straightforward (see part 2)...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSOrgiVWzsU&mode=related&search=" target="_blank">Part 1

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JamesC

I don't have sound on my computer but when the Master is sitting at the table with the gas mask on it looks like he's drumming his fingers in time to the - Da da da dum, da da da dum - Doctor Who theme intro!

Art

Adrian Bamforth

The Beatles' "Memorial Theatre" - well, halfway there.

paulvonscott

Goosegash

Apparently the original idea for that sequence was to have the Beatles playing themselves in the future, made-up as old men. Brian Epstein wasn't keen on the idea, though, so it got vetoed. Shame.

The Monarch

SamuelAWilkinson

Y'know, I'm wondering if the whole "Master" thing is a big red herring

You think he might be the Meddling Monk or the Rani, or on the more outside possibility, the Valeyard, Omega or Rassilon?

That's all crazy talk.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

SamuelAWilkinson

Y'know, I'm wondering if the whole "Master" thing is a big red herring

You think he might be the Meddling Monk or the Rani, or on the more outside possibility, the Valeyard, Omega or Rassilon?

That's all crazy talk.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Will I. Cooling

Man how bad has Parky got? Actually bringing the merchandise onto the set? That's brazen, really brazen.

And yeah, John Simms looks like one creepy mutha; The Sound Of Drums cannot come soon enough. Also tbh, I doubt there's a massive head scratching twist when it comes to The Master...after all they played the Daleks and Cybermen relatively straight.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Quirkafleeg

I actually thought of the Valeyard as I was watching it... (or just re-using the idea of a future, evil version of the doctor)

Noisybast

"You think he might be the Meddling Monk or the Rani, or on the more outside possibility, the Valeyard, Omega or Rassilon?"

Hmm... The Valeyard's a possibility. I'm just going from the interview. Tennant said something to the effect of "it's not quite as simple as just another Timelord". The Valeyard isn't just another Timelord. He is, in effect, the same Timelord. He is The Doctor.

On the other hand, that's maybe a bit too tied up in previous continuity, something RTD has avoided so far. I reckon I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I'd like to see something a bit more devious than just pulling The Master our of the old foes bag.

There's been some speculation on Wikipedia that Derek Jacobi's upcoming character, "The Professor", might actually be Professor Chronotis from "Shada". Theres a resemblance, certainly.

Mind you, "Mister Saxon" is an anagram of "Master No Six". Make of that what you will...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!