Main Menu

TJM86's redundancy sale

Started by Tjm86, 12 May, 2021, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Hi folks, so it has happened this time.  Just what you need as the country is coming out of a global pandemic.  So much for being in a nice secure public sector job.  Hey ho.

Anyway, as a result, I'm looking to shift bits and pieces to lay up financial reserves for the long job hunt.

I'll be adding bits and pieces in as I sort through but starting off will be any of the Judge Dredd mega collection (up to issue 80).  At £5 each including p&p.

Also reluctantly parting with Colin Wilson Original Rogue Trooper artwork from prog 267, closing page.  I will sort out pic to go with this.  £750 plus insured postage.  Would be willing to arrange midpoint collection depending on distance travelled.

Will be adding various and sundry Tooth related items over coming days.

Thanks folks.

IndigoPrime

Sorry to hear about the job. You might want to check eBay's sold prices for the Mega Collection. Some of those single volumes go for well north of a fiver. (If you want to offload in one go, 400 quid seems pretty standard, mind.)

Barrington Boots

Sorry to hear this dude.

Also seconded about the mega collection prices. Postage may not be cheap on those either, they're heavy books.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

Actually, that's a good point: I'd not spotted that the £5 included P&P. Please don't do that, Tjm86! Current second class small parcel rate is £3.20—or £3 online. That leaves you two quid per book, when some of those sell for 30 quid on eBay.

Tjm86

Thanks, fair point.  That said, there is a difference between listing and selling.  Not sure the two match up.  Will take the point about including p&p.  Another set I need to sort is the Cerebus GN collection.  One of those sets that seems to go up and down.  I know the last few books are a bugger to source.  If anyone is interested ...

IndigoPrime

Yeah, there's sometimes a big difference between — shall we say — 'ambitious' eBay sellers and reality. But you can easily filter any search term by sold items. The Mega Collection offers some results worth taking a look at to at least inform decisions that might secure you more cash for your efforts.

sintec

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 May, 2021, 06:20:17 PM
Another set I need to sort is the Cerebus GN collection.  One of those sets that seems to go up and down.  I know the last few books are a bugger to source.  If anyone is interested ...

If it'd been a month ago I'd have taken the last 1/3 of those off your hands, just grabbed them off ebay recently when I saw a fairly reasonable deal on them.

hippynumber1

I'm interested in the Cerebus collection if it's the full set...

Tjm86

It is.  Including the harder to source latter volumes.

hippynumber1

Tjm86

Okay, so the ebay listing begins.  Wilson's Rogue Trooper page and a complete set of Tornado Comics including the Summer special, along with various Marvel Graphic Novels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274807981300

TordelBack

Wow, spicy starting price, but that really is a special bit of Wilson; very hangable.  OTOH if your Tornados go for £50 someone will be getting a great bargain - If I wasn't just as desperate for cash as yourself, I'd be going for those, I have none of those! Best of luck with this and everything, Tjm.

Colin YNWA

Yeah was going to say those Tornados are in lovely looking condition. If I hadn't just commited an indecent amount to a Jeff Smith (of Bone fame) Kickstarter that's ending this paypacket I'd be all over those.

Tjm86

Okay, so Nelly the Elephant time (bumpety bump ...)

Thanks for the previous support folks.  I've finally got my act together a bit with the MC collection.  Decided to go with a bit of a thematic breakdown.  It's only the first 80 volumes. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/congenialanimal/m.html?item=274871727696&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Also found a couple of spare copies of Prog 2061 (2017 x-mas special), Prog 1961 PX special and the 40th Anniversary Aja variant.  Not listed as yet but its reminded me that I do have a stack of doubles circa prog 200 ish. 

I'm also mulling over the complete Warrior collection (with dummy issue 0 facsimile), complete Revolver and complete Crisis with signed copies of 1 and 2 ...  Just need to figure out a value.

hippynumber1

I'd be interested in the complete run of Warrior, Tim. 👍