Main Menu

Can You Measure Thrill-Power?

Started by Funt Solo, 16 June, 2005, 10:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

In a recent thread, I said:

"The bad guys will eventually get together, confront the [good guys], appear to beat them and then (somehow) things will get over-turned and the [good guys] will emerge triumphant despite the overwhelming odds because their cause is just."

Someone quickly asked the pertinent question:

"So you don't think that's going to be the plot outline of .... an awful lot of other 2000AD stories as well?"

So, if there are only ever a few core storylines, what makes or breaks a comic strip?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Mudcrab

Big Lobster claws!

or more seriously...

Humour, satire and creative alternative swear words.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Dudley

House of Usher

Why settle for subtext? Go straight for the text, I say !
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

Well we have (with the help of the Spurrier-droid) already broken down the barriers surrounding Human:Robot love.

I'm not sure how much research was conducted for the script utilising everyday household machinery such as vacuum cleaners.  Probably best that we never find out.

This sort of begs the question that if Johnny Alpha is in fact the avatar of Wagner, and Wulf a representation of Ezquerra...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Kon

'This sort of begs the question that if Johnny Alpha is in fact the avatar of Wagner, and Wulf a representation of Ezquerra'

if it was i think it'd be the other way round
If you've ever seen either of them you'll understand

Generally Contrary

"Why settle for subtext? Go straight for the text, I say!"

Go beyond the text.  Super-text!

Smiley

No, no, use Ultratext! That's where you hit each individual reader over the head with a flipchart.

Back on-thread I'd say imagination is more important, and prefer a story rather than a plot be told.