Trout

Er... yes.

[spoiler]Bugger.[/spoiler]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 August, 2009, 11:44:54 AM
Quote from: planetoid on 30 August, 2009, 11:39:28 AM
Oasis:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8228053.stm

The funeral is being delayed due to Noel and Liam arguing over which of them has the most expensive looking coffin.  :D

As I recall back in the day when they first started the NME had stories like this with one or other of the Gallaghers having a tissey fit ever other week. Heavens it must have been a while ago if I was still reading the NME!

Anyway I'm treating this with a massive pinch of salt and hey they died musically after Morning Glory any hoo!

You Fookingk Wankers !.Be Here Now was a fooking Top Album .Easily as Fooking good as Revolver.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Adrian Bamforth

I'd be more excited but I fear we haven't heard the last of Noel's charmless songwriting. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the world's worst lyric:

"Little by little / The wheels of your life have slowly fallen off"

What? How can life have wheels? And if it did, how could they fall off "slowly", and "little by little"? Exactly how many wheels does it have, fifty?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: DavidXBrunt on 30 August, 2009, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 30 August, 2009, 01:15:23 AM
Quote from: DavidXBrunt on 29 August, 2009, 04:49:00 PM
It's interesting to note that in the 2kreview review of Stevie's Slaine book there was much tutting about behaviour in this thread...
Quite right too. Gordon Rennie being an obnoxious cunt and a bunch of other boarders fawning over him wasn't a very pleasant sight the first time round even if it was mildly amusing.

I don't remember, or even see, any fawning but there you go.

Just noticed this conversation.

The review you mention would be the one written by me. And there was much tut tutting because it was disgraceful behaviour.
Internet bullying- hilarious.

Eric Plumrose

That Was The Keith That Was.

Keith Waterhouse
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

House of Usher

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 03 September, 2009, 07:26:39 PM
I'd be more excited but I fear we haven't heard the last of Noel's charmless songwriting. Ladies and gentleman, I give you the world's worst lyric

Indeed. The world's worst lyric by the world's worst lyricist.

And farewell then, Keith Waterhouse. I liked Worzel Gummidge, me. Keith adapted it for TV.

Also, in Private Eye I noticed that Simon Dee had died. Was that noted here?
STRIKE !!!

Buttonman

Patrick Swayze - Not everyone's favourite but 'Ghost' 'Donnie Darko' and 'Roadhouse' are three I always like.I hope the love inside has gone with you Patrick!

Peter Wolf

Thats a shame .

Point Break was a good film.

No bad taste jokes about filming a sequel to Ghost anyone.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Not that I I'm sure anybody knows him, but Ray Barrett ( Veteran Australian Actor) has died as of last week.

Patrick Swayze, that is a shame. I reckon hs still had alot of screen time left in him.

Afew more action movies.

"Ghost" was intertesting from a metaphysical perspective,

"Dirty Dancing " Not that I got int that, but it was hard to ignore the hype of that film and dance craze.

I was only watching "Roadhouse" last week.

There was also "The Outsiders' as well.

I just read that it was pancreatic cancer and now I remember how he was fighting some illnes for the last couple of months.

It doesn't  give me hope when one who's much heawlhier than I am, dies like that.

Surely he had the money for the best medical treatment. Though I guess that healthy liveing without hard drugs -- it would seem so -- and all that didn't help at all.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

uncle fester

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 September, 2009, 10:00:22 AM
The irrepresible Keith Floyd.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8256260.stm

Indeed. Getting lost in all the Swayze tributes on news sites this morning, alas. Two bright lights gone. I may have to put on Point Break later and get drunk on wine whilst cooking in their honour.

radiator

Pretty creepy timing - was just watching that Keith Allen doc about Floyd last night! Very sad - I have fond memories of watching his shows as a kid with my Dad, who was a big fan.

Roger Godpleton

QuoteYo, Patrick Swayze, I know you just died and all, and I'm gonna let you finish... But Michael Jackson's death was the best one this year.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Keith Floyd & Patrick Swayze on the same day?  The afterlife is all at once a better tasting and more rhythmic place. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 15 September, 2009, 10:28:48 AM
Pretty creepy timing - was just watching that Keith Allen doc about Floyd last night!

Likewise! Was thinking about how ill and frail he looked while I watched it... and then this.
@jamesfeistdraws