Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 March, 2012, 12:58:39 PM
Robin Of Sherwood/ Catweazel creator Richard Carpenter, at 78.

Guess that Robin revival will never happen now, which makes me very sad. Although i can do without jack whitehall as catweazel.

RIP kip.

SBT

I dunno... in a small way it will.

I'm playtesting a table top RPG 'Darkwood' set in a forest... Robin Hood ain't in it but the idea is that the escapades of the players in someway formed at least part of the legend, without actually being the story of Robin Hood...

OK hardly a TV series or film, etc...  But it's a good romp ;)

I was playtester for the first edition years ago too (and some of my creations made the cut into the game itself) ... that one sold on three continents!! (OK only one copy in Australia, but it counts!)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Wils

Quote from: Goaty on 29 February, 2012, 06:10:55 PM
Davy Jones of The Monkees aged 66, from heart attack...

When Malchi told me that Davy Jones had died, I thought she was joking. Then I saw her face, now I'm a bereaver.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Ralph McQuarrie aged 82  :'(

locustsofdeath!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 04 March, 2012, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 March, 2012, 02:31:42 AM
Ralph McQuarrie aged 82  :'(

A brilliant artist, with a brilliant vision.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33315

One of my all time favourites, heavily inspired Star Wars as im sure you all know.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

TordelBack

Ralph was the greatest concept artist of them all, I lived in his 'unused' SW paintings for much of my childhood.  Very, very sad to hear he's gone. 

Daveycandlish

Aw man, I love his work. His concept work on the Star Wars movies and Battlestar Galactica was just beautiful.
Has anyone found what he died of? It's just a remember seeing an interview in recent years where his hands trembled violently and wondered if it was Parkinsons or something like it
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

vzzbux

Very sad news indeed. The world has one less Genius.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mygrimmbrother

Damn that's sad news about Ralph McQuarrie. Years ago I picked up the concept art portfolios for both A New Hope and Jedi - each one containing about 20 prints of Ralph's paintings, and they're absolutely stunning. A true visionary, who's contribution to the Lucas legend can never be underestimated.

Spikes

Aye, very sad news this. On the Empire of Dreams Doc he didnt look to be in the best of health, but this is still a shock.
So much of what we love about Star Wars was down to Ralph. A superb artist and visionary.

Zarjazzer

Ralph McQuarrie. He shaped a universe. :( :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Heath C Ackley

He shaped some of the most iconic images of cinema history. Very sad to hear the news.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Misanthrope

Without Ralph, there would be no 2000ad.

RIP.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Goaty

Never forgot these;