Main Menu

LEEDS THOUGHT BUBBLE COMIC FESTIVAL!!!

Started by LGDROID, 08 September, 2008, 06:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

it was just such an intriguing little phrase...  

The next time I'm due to appear in public without Matron is HiEX! so if your there
DDT did a job on me

Bart Oliver

I'll be there.

As soon as the Paracetamol and Red Bull take a hold.. ehw.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

paulvonscott

Well, enjoyed that, though by the time the show finished I wasn't much use to anyone.  Possibly should have just gone home after the event shut down, as sitting in a pub for three hours (unable to drink) waiting for the evening event (where I couldn't drink) meant my lack of sleep caught up with me.  Luckily people seemed happy to talk at me later in the bar.

Got rid of some junk, sold some comics.  Good to meet up with Al, Bart, Mike from this board, and the other people I know from the wonky world of comics.

If I met any other boarders they didn't introduce themselves (and I did ask if a couple of people were boarders, with no results).  So if I did meet you, hello, you should have said for that free comic.

Good venue, all nicely organised.  Would go again :)

Bart Oliver

Feeling frayed at the edges today.

Just seen Al off to the station after a post con debriefing over bacon and eggs.

Had a great time (again) always a pleasure to catch up with like minded folk old and new.

Thanks to Paul and Ben for the free stuff.

Leigh and Nicky the donuts were a master stroke. Cheers!

Mike's still off the reservation though- the dirty stop out  ; )
Obviously you're not a golfer.

SamuelAWilkinson

I didn't go in the end, but instead chose to spend my weekend dying of tonsilitis.

Dashed annoying, what?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

LGDROID

Hey guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone who turned up and made Thought Bubble the HUGE success it actually was! No exaggeration, people are actually calling it the best con they've ever been to...

I was STUNNED as to how busy I was throughout the 7 hours. I did 35 sketches!!! So a big thank you to all who requested a Defoe sketch! Didn't even get to see the bloody con because I was so busy.So next time I'm deffo giving myself more breaks!

More pics on my blog:  //http://www.leighgallagherart.blogspot.com

And cheers Oli! We shifted 7 dozen doughnuts!

Take care,

Leigh.