Main Menu

Did You Know?

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 04 November, 2009, 12:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

If you recycle two juice cartons you get two new cartons, but if you tear up one of the cartons and stuff it inside the other carton you get four new cartons when you recycle them.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jared Katooie

I learned this one today!

When Oliver Cromwell was a baby, he was abducted by his grandfathers pet monkey.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 16 November, 2009, 10:33:40 PM

When Oliver Cromwell was a baby, he was abducted by his grandfathers pet monkey.

Was it wearing a hat?

SBT

James Stacey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 November, 2009, 10:36:51 PM

Was it wearing a hat?

SBT
Or a Fez ?

worldshown

If it was wearing a helmet then it might have given him the idea for the Roundheads.

Jared Katooie

Look people, a fez is a hat. Just accept it.

In answer to your question SmallBlueThing, it was wearing a gibus.

Cthulouis

QuoteLook people, a fez is a hat. Just accept it.

Hmmm... I don't know, that sounds pretty debatable.

COMMANDO FORCES

That the print run of news papers is all a fix!

Let me tell you that the Daily Mail send at least 30 plus pallets of their paper to a place near junction 5 on the M4 every night and this is just from their site at Surrey Quays. When these pallets arrive they just get put to one side to be pulped.
Each pallet has 5 levels of ten bundles and each bundle can have between 60 - 100 papers in it, depending on the page count so you do the maths!

How do I know this, because I just do ;)

JayzusB.Christ

Funny you should mention him - i went to the dublin wax museum today and saw a copy of his death mask. It was surrounded by an array of Halloween-style skulls (which will give you some idea of how he is viewed in Irish history). Anyway, it fairly reminded me of Defoe.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 November, 2009, 06:37:37 PM

Let me tell you that the Daily Mail send at least 30 plus pallets of their paper to a place near junction 5 on the M4 every night and this is just from their site at Surrey Quays. When these pallets arrive they just get put to one side to be pulped.
Each pallet has 5 levels of ten bundles and each bundle can have between 60 - 100 papers in it, depending on the page count so you do the maths!

That was interesting.....

I cant do the maths because my brain says NO and it doesnt compute but the media lie about everything else so i am not surprised.

I just had an idea ......What a great idea it would be to publicise this a bit more.I wont though but if one paper does this you can be certain that they all do it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 November, 2009, 06:37:37 PM

I'd assume that those papers are ones that have been returned after going unsold, rather than copies they've had printed solely to make it look like the Daily Mail is more popular than it is, (though they probably do still count them).

uncle fester

Well it is only the literature they don't agree with that they put in a big pile and publicly set fire to...

House of Usher

Apparently if a bear attacks you it doesn't care about killing its prey (because it's a wild animal). It's all about immobilizing it. So it'll just sit on you and start eating you, and it may take more than an hour to finish you off. I read it in a copy of the Daily Mail left on the train.

(so now we've got bear attacks to worry about as well as falling house prices)
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote(so now we've got bear attacks to worry about as well as falling house prices)

In the words of South Park, "Simpsons did it".

Roger Godpleton

People who refer to Carmina Burana by its "real" name and not as "ARR-ARR-EE-EHH" are pretentious jerks.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!