Main Menu

The hobbit would make a great film

Started by morrison, 04 February, 2003, 08:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrison

The hobbit has just as much story as the lord of the rings and if jackson shoots it he better not change any of the story, he changed too much on lotr.

almighty mat

Matt

It'd be great if wasn't for all the bloody geeks lurking on it.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

mongor2003

Hang on a sec - why are you giving this guy such a hard time ? He's  obviously a new boarder, just wanting to say hello and start a discussion and you're all jumping on him and calling him a geek.
Arguably, ALL of us on this board would be seen as "geeks" by a large proportion of society just becuase we read comics. Come on give the chap a break, he's new, this clique mentality just gives off a bad impression of the board to new - and existing - boarders in general.

JimBob

I've found if you knee cap the first three people to call you a geek for reading comics they stop bothering.
IMPORTANT NOTE: this will not help if you are a Babylon 5 Fan, many people will carry on through the pain barrier to mock you for your poor taste in TV.

Oddboy

I was mocking nobody.
Someone mentions geeks & I go kill-crazy that's all.

Hi there Setan, how're tricks?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mudcrab

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I doubt there'd be as much call to change the story due to the size of it. Could probably do a fairly genuine reproduction of it.

I'd prefer to see him doing The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, or The Magician (Raymond Feist). Covenant would be doubtful though, as it's more adult oriented that LOTR. Which removed all the merchandise deals and kiddie appeal, so I doubt it'll ever happen. The Magician though, that'd be fantastic.

Reckon he might be accused of doing a Lucas if he does a prequel. Plus it'd be a bit of a let down after LOTR, despite the presence of Smaug.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

El Spurioso

I believe the 'Northern Lights' trilogy is in pre-preproduction (I can never remember the name of the author), though I have no idea who's directing it.  I strongly suspect that Mr JAckson is savvy enough to see that making another fantasy film after LoTR would be a serious mistake for his long-terms career.  Directors get pigeonholed even easier than actors.

Besides... I think I remember hearing he wanted to go back to his roots and make a shocking splatter-movie using contemporary effects technology.  Which would be fun. ;)

Something Fishy

The 'His dark materials' trilogy are good books.

Wonder if they can pull them off a good films?

judge dreddd

i thought there was an animated version of the hobbit already ?

almighty mat

JayzusB.Christ

'I thought there was an animated version of the hobbit already ?'
There was an experimental animated LOTR, bit ropey. I thought Peter Jackson's one was very close to the book; compared to most movie adaptations.
I also heard the rumours about Brain Dead 2: Ace, mates!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

judda fett

Anyone remember when they showed LOTR animation years ago on tv it was followed a short documentary about the intended follow up film to it which was never made on acounnt of the director/ creator(?) passing away? Im sure it was well into production and showed a clip of Gandalf falling down a shaft into flames. Anyone..?