Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Quote from: Rately on 07 October, 2020, 02:28:32 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 07 October, 2020, 02:24:50 PM
Quote from: Rately on 07 October, 2020, 01:34:54 PM
My doomscrolling.

I would rather be fed a daily diet of nice news, great art and writing, but i insist on checking twitter feeds, news sites etc. that i know will grind my gears down! Then i'm in a bloody mood for rest of day.
The best thing I did in May was remove Twitter from my phone. It was far too easy to dwell on the shite news.

I'm coming to a realisation, and the fact is I've known it for a year or two, that the longer i spend off social media, the more time i actually spend being productive, doing things i want to do without that horrible nagging thought at back of mind that i'm missing something important. I'm not.

Bad news is bad enough without obsessively searching for it.

I'm using an app in the web browser called "stayfocusd". Makes it possible to "nuke" websites, as well as set time allowances for sites which I find feeding of my stress and anger. Helped me alot.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I live on a canal surrounded by fields.  It does help, to be fair.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Field or canal?

Lads, I'm happy to take up residence in either!

The Legendary Shark

It's a force field. 100% woman proof.

Evidently.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rately

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 October, 2020, 01:17:13 AM

It's a force field. 100% woman proof.

Evidently.

Ha!

Is Robbie the Robot wandering about?

TordelBack

Now imagining Sharkie as Space Prospero. 

It's... not that hard.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

von Boom

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 October, 2020, 03:03:32 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 October, 2020, 09:42:06 PM

I live in a field.

Problem solved.

Nice! Send Mr. Gummidge my regards.😆
Shh. Sharky doesn't want anyone to know that he is Mr. Gummidge.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 October, 2020, 11:48:55 AM
Now imagining Sharkie as Space Prospero. 

It's... not that hard.

'Tis a good dullness.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

YES, I will allow cookies you funting funt.
Just like the other 8 million times you asked that question when I visited your stupid funting website.

Rately

Manager throws a hissy fit in front of entire team during team meeting. Actually states, "I'm not having a temper tantrum," whilst in the middle of a temper tantrum.

I later ask, in a meeting with him in his Office, if I can Work From Home next Tuesday and Wednesday for personal reasons, and he advises me that I'd have to take them days as Annual Leave, or go and WFH from this coming Monday until the 11th of December.

I mean, how childish can you be?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 26 November, 2020, 11:43:04 AM
Just like the other 8 million times you asked that question when I visited your stupid funting website.

Drives me particularly insane when it's a site where I'm a registered user and logged in. Yes, yes, you already know I've agreed to load cookies, ferchrissake.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 November, 2020, 12:01:12 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 26 November, 2020, 11:43:04 AM

Drives me particularly insane when it's a site where I'm a registered user and logged in. Yes, yes, you already know I've agreed to load cookies, ferchrissake.

Tom Scott did a pretty good video about this just a few days ago
You may quote me on that.