Main Menu

This weeks Dredd v. Aliens

Started by Last of the V8's, 06 February, 2003, 04:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Whoa, great stuff again. What made it all the better was the last page of this episode which was the one I bought from Henry Flint at Dreddcon.Thrill power overload!!!
Think this page looked better in black and white though.
Any one else by any pages from Dredd v Aliens?

Art

Mangamax

Thing is, looking at the original b&w art, i thought Dredd was holding a knife not a manky old piece of pipe. Assumed he was going one on one with the Alien just with a knife which would've been cool but now its a pipe??? Looking forward to see how THAT'S resolved
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

judge dreddd

i for one is disappointed, i was hoping for at least a few blocks to be infected and citi def to be out and about but it looks like its all going to get wrapped up by super judge dredd

shame

paulvonscott

Where would the fun in that be?  While you guys are being distracted by the one alien, there's a nest of them growing somewhere probably.  So you build up to Dredd herocially offing one 'mano et alieno' and then there is the 'Uh we got a problem call' and you find there are loads of them in otto Sumps Ugly Clinic... or something.

That's my guess.  My Pre-Cog accuracy is 2.3%

Trout

Trout guesses at apossible plot twist.

Don't read it if you don't want to.

How about Boing?

- Trout

McNulty

That bit in the materity ward, that made my blood run cold.

After all, what with 2000AD has been doing for shock value lately, I really couldn't be sure if those babies would be alright. Thank Grud they got through it. Horray for Joe!

Quirkafleeg

Jeez , it's a tough job being a maternity nurse in MC! Death one week, acid dripping Xenomorphs the next...

Tiplodocus

I've just sent a letter to Tharg on this very subject.

Children are having a very hard time of it in 2000AD at the moment.

Apparently, Grant Morrison is coming back to write a ZENITH story where he takes some kids to a Gary Glitter and Pete Townsend concert.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

Sounds like a job for Big Dave.

Personally I couldn't give a toss, let the alien eat them for all I care.  Dredd's killed more for a good cause anyway.

JayzusB.Christ

My only real fear is that old Joe's going to get himself killed these days, stopping in fights with incredibly fast-moving aliens to shout things like "Thing moves like lightning!", "That's cleared its sinuses... gotta move in for the kill!" and "Bad idea... Zoom comin'!"
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordonR

Hmmm.  I noticed that too.

"And now it's loose in the hospital - the one thing we don't want!"

Gordon's word of the week.  'Shonky'.

Andy Diggle

Let's not forget this is the same Dredd who once yelled, "Drokk! Mean Machine Angel on a divebutt!" as Mean plummeted head-first towards him. One of my all-time favourite pieces of shouty exposition.  ; )

But your point is well taken nonetheless.

esoteric ed

"Grud on a greenine"

Is this the same Joe, who was told he was getting too old for these kinda stunts way back in Necropolis!

Have to say that I'm enjoying Incubus more now as the weeks pass, this week's instalment was cool.

Ed

Art

"Message board thread... must post... RESPONSE!"