Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 03 December, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Nobody guessed correctly! 

Arh my excuse is I own this but I've not read it yet!

As for todays, based purely on the word [spoiler]comedy[/spoiler] and a few other words I'm going with [spoiler]Zombo[/spoiler] and think it might be [spoiler]The Digest?[/spoiler]

sheridan

Neither of the day three guesses are correct yet.  In general I'd disregard any mention of 'comedy' or 'comedians', as the mistranslator has difficulty with the words 'comic', 'comic writer' or 'comic artist' when they crop up in the original blurbs.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 03 December, 2020, 01:14:08 PM
Neither of the day three guesses are correct yet.  In general I'd disregard any mention of 'comedy' or 'comedians', as the mistranslator has difficulty with the words 'comic', 'comic writer' or 'comic artist' when they crop up in the original blurbs.

Arh good point should have thought of that... back to it...

TordelBack

I, Cosh

Bug hunt! I kept coming up with "start the crash" or "ring the alarm" for that. Even Banana City couldn't help.

Anyway, today's is [spoiler]Return to Armageddon[/spoiler].
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Oh its [spoiler]'Return to Armageddon'[/spoiler]... isn't it...

...okay okay I was flumux and looked at [spoiler]Cosh's[/spoiler] answer and it all clicked into place!

sheridan

I, Cosh has it!  Though I'm still going to wait until tomorrow to post the original blurb so evening boarders can have a go :-)

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

ah of course. Wow, these are harder than I expected.

I doubt I'd have got [spoiler]Zancudo[/spoiler] from the English original, I'd forgotten it entirely

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 December, 2020, 06:40:42 PM
I love "The last rhetoric in air battles".

I like "air battles, laziness and atrocities" - quite the trio!  You listening, script droids?

sheridan

As mentioned up-thread, I, Cosh won with Return to Armageddon.

The translated blurb was:
Quote from: googleAstro Demon Development!

When the astronauts expel the world's deadliest body by accident to release destructive energy into the galaxy! Only one person has the power to end their lives! The last rhetoric in air battles, laziness and atrocities in this epic style of comedy.

The original blurb was (I took a few obvious names out).  I think zombies translates as 'laziness'.
Quote from: RebellionRise Of The Astro-Demon!

When the crew of a deep space transport ship extracts a demonic-looking alien corpse from a frozen world, they unwittingly unleash a destructive force upon the galaxy! Only one man – the twin brother of the 'Destroyer', has the power to stop the total annihilation of existence! Space battles, zombies and the ultimate embodiment of evil all appear in this epic cross-genre tale from the fevered imagination of Malcolm Shaw (The Eagle, Misty, Scream) and veteran comic artist Jesus Redondo (Nemesis the Warlock, Star Trek, Kitty Pryde).

Today's quiz coming up when I decide which one to pick!

sheridan

Here goes.  It reads like some weird monologue but I promise it was taken from blurb on the 2000AD website and put through however-many languages.

Quote from: googleAll...

Hello when he gets tired of his life in the fence - doing something in the future and where happiness doesn't fly in bed - he really wants to get out of bed. But it is difficult to find the right plan and other bombs to build Jane in a rebellious city that seems too expensive for freedom before the debate.  In order to survive, you need to worry about your life on the ground: Do something later, happiness will not flow out of bed, your bed should stay. But before that debate, it will be difficult to find a realistic plan to build a violent city and a bomb.

Colin YNWA

No, I'm absolutely stumped. I've looked at this three times today now and can't get my head into a guess that doesn't fail miserably.

I guess if you can think what 'bed' might be it will fall into place... until then...