Main Menu

Happy New Year

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 31 December, 2020, 06:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

And here's to a better 2021! You people have genuinely played a big part in getting me through this mad year. Thanks 🍻
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

The best thing to do now is to put 2020 in rear mirror. Enjoy the last seconds of the year and a I wish a awesome 2021 too everyone.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Smith

Colin YNWA

Well I'm not anticipating 2021 to be better anytime soon. But the benchmark to be better than 2020 is pretty damn low so here's hoping...

...what a self serving Tory government in a time of economic hardship...

...arh at least we've not alienated our nearest trading partners...

...what... we did what...oh really...

...bugger...

Oh well make the best of it folks and may Tharg at least treat us well.

Happy New Year!

von Boom

I'm more than ready to see this year off. This shitshow of a year will be not easily forgotten. Hope everyone on this board has a much better year in 2021. Happy New Year!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Happy new year to one and all. I've lost count of how many new years I've seen in with the Board in the background- can it really be sixteen? But long may it continue. This place is full of good people- the names and faces may change over the years, but you're all wonderful.

SBT

Funt Solo

Happy New Year, for those adhering to the Gregorian calendar. Everyone else - calm down, it's just another day.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Wishing you all a better year in 2021. You never know, it could happen.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Happy New Year to you all and hope that the next year will hopefully only get better now that we're out of the EU and with a vaccine for COVID-19 now being rolled out on a national level.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 01 January, 2021, 12:57:55 AM
Happy New Year to you all and hope that the next year will hopefully only get better now that we're out of the EU

You don't seem to have read the room, I'm afraid, or the economic predictions.  But the vaccine news is great and I genuinely hope you have a great 2021 too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Was fascinated to watch both my kids (11 and 14) have loud and elaborate NYE parties with their mates online, in Roblox and Minecraft respectively.

There were timed quests, "pub" crawls through sequences of venues, music, countdowns, fireworks and much cheering and wellwishing. TBH they sounded like they were having way more fun than i have managed IRL at NYE on all but a handful of occasions. What an odd time to grow up. But aren't they all.

Their mother and I just turned off our various devices, got quietly plastered watching the Father Ted Christmas Special and pretended it was 1997. It was enough.

shaolin_monkey

Happy new year folks, and here's to trying to stay optimistic and upbeat against all odds.

My NY was weird. We zoomed some friends early on - my partner got blasted and was spewing by 9pm, but was passed out safely in bed by 10pm. I tried zooming more friends ahead of midnight, but kept missing them. I then couldn't find the controls to the telly, so couldn't put on Jools Holland or whatever.

In the end, I put on my Oculus Quest and played VR Real Fishing in a lobby with two Italian guys. They were friends - one was in London, the other in Italy, and they use the game to fish and chat. Anyway, they were very welcoming, and I enjoyed some relaxing sea fishing with them for a couple of hours, while I nailed a bottle of wine. It turned out to be quite a chilled and nice evening!